Concept UnNamed new concept
Hey, tried a new concept today.

Still having a maximum "playing video" view in mind, tried a new navigation system.
There's no customizing tool this time (at least for the moment and definitely less than KOver).

Only worked on the home menu for now but this will also apply to Library views.
The idea is to show the main infos and quickly unwrap more. This is a really quick coding, as always, there's a lot of work on this Wink

Quick preview :

[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Wow, very nice work! I can definitely see myself using a skin like this.

BTW, I finally got around to testing KOver. Took me a while to find all the features/options in the designer, but enjoyed the process. Very innovative, keep it up!
(2016-01-04, 20:27)braz Wrote: Wow, very nice work! I can definitely see myself using a skin like this.

BTW, I finally got around to testing KOver. Took me a while to find all the features/options in the designer, but enjoyed the process. Very innovative, keep it up!

Thx braz. Have to polish this but that shows the idea. My first goal for KOver was a PVR skin but while learning the code, I've deviated "a little" ... KOver's process, even if it's interresting, somehow locked me into it's own skinning engine. Time now to try to get back to origins more freely, with more simplicity and ergonomy :p

Glad you enjoyed KOver Smile

Going deeper in the concept Wink

Very nice, looks great!
Awesome, does a second press "up" bring up the other 3 columns of widget content? Looking forward to see how this plays out in the library views. Smile
(2016-01-06, 00:29)Liron Wrote: Very nice, looks great!

Thanks Smile

(2016-01-06, 07:20)braz Wrote: Awesome, does a second press "up" bring up the other 3 columns of widget content? Looking forward to see how this plays out in the library views. Smile

Well that was my first idea but I have to check if it's possible to display widgets for each main menu item. Moreover, I was thinking about the navigation which could be an issue : When all widgets are unrolled, how to scroll Inside the widget or jump to the next widget since the navigation is horizontal in both ... Huh

I borrowed you some code from the Poster view Wink. Rewritten the panels management since I have to have control on each item with this kind of layout. Sounds like it's less easy than I thought ... starting something weird again :/ . So I too wants to see how I can deal with the ideas in Library Confused

Nice to see you attempt another skin.
Spotted KOver in the early days with just a few posts but in the end I liked how it looked but now how it navigates (I'm just really picky).
This could be closer to what I use now and might be just the thing, will follow up on it Smile
Very chic... can't wait to try out.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
very cool - def something that I am interested in! keep up the good work!
Lovin' it!!!!

Though if I may... I think it would look even better if the bottom bar was not as tall. But loving the minimalistic approach!
Nice! I betcha this would be perfect for people who use touch screens.
(2016-03-17, 16:46)TomFreeloader Wrote: Nice! I betcha this would be perfect for people who use touch screens.

Well ...

Bad news : this project is abandonned
Good news : actual project will "probably" make something similar to work

Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UnNamed new concept0