Solved Apple TV 4 weird video calibration
Hey forum!

I've installed the new Kodi version for my Apple TV 4 on the latest tvOS version from here:
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/darwin/tvos/

I have a TV with a resolution from 1360x768, but I'm using 720p, because it's better supported.

This leads me to my issue. If I'm using the 1360x768 resolution the picture in Kodi works just fine, but if I'm using 720p it's kind of zoomed in.
I've tried to solve it with video calibration, but couldn't find the write settings.

Can someone help or post the correct settings for video calibration. It would help me a lot.
Thanks.

Regards
trm232
when playing back a video go into your video settings. change your view mode. you can also set a custom setting. youll then be able to set it as a default for all media as well.
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
Thanks for your answer Furby!

The problem with the wrong resolution only exists in the Kodi main interface. If I'm playing a video from my NAS for instance, the correct resolution e.g. 720p is shown.
But the Kodi main interface resolution on my Apple TV 4 is 1360x768. Any chance of fixing these?
how do you switch between 1360x768 and 720p? In the appletv4 settings?

If so you should see the same problem on the appletv4 interface too (hard to notice because of the appletv4 user interface design though) - you should use the appletv4 calibration / overscan setting and then compensate for it via properly setting your TVs overscan (dependend on the tv you are using this might be called something like scan&pan or overscan or what not). That issue is outside of kodi i am pretty sure.

I can reproduce the same when setting atv4 to 720p - the edges are cut off - when going into the appletv4 audio&video settings and select calibration i am presented with a test image which confirms the zoomed in view and tells me to compensate for it via proper TV settings...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Sry for my late reply. The problem was the calibration of my TV. It had nothing to do with my ATV or Kodi setup, actually. Thanks for help Memphiz.
Thread marked solved.
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4 weird video calibration0