HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode
(2016-02-10, 18:13)hslansky Wrote: Hi,
Which is the appropriate thread to post issues found when testing the compiled code (not compiling the code)? I don't want to clog this thread if this is not the proper location

Thanks

[WIP] Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-02-08, 21:53)arcelas Wrote:
Quote:*******************************************
* Creating setup file... *
* PLEASE WAIT *
File: ".\translations\*.*" -> no files found.
Usage: File [/nonfatal] [/a] ([/r] [/x filespec [...]] filespec [...] |
/oname=outfile one_file_only)
Error in script "Beta_1.4_InstallerScript.nsi" on line 213 -- aborting creation process
DONE!

Setup is located at
D:\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\BuildSetup\Builds\Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.7.2 x86.exe
Press any key to continue . . .

Ok. I want to start over from creating my Transifex account. I logged into transifex using my github account info.
I cloned the source from github, opened and built project with VB, ran "txAccount.bat" and tested it with "txDownload.bat". Nothing happened. I then tried to use the 0_BuildSetup_x86.bat file to compile and create an installer. That's when I get the same error message every time.

Check your Transifex Client settings in C:\Users\Username\.transifexrc (open with Notepad++ or something else). This file should looks like:

Code:
[https://www.transifex.com]
hostname = https://www.transifex.com
password = PASSWORD
token =
username = USERNAME

Also you can add PAUSE at the end of the batch file txDownload.bat to prevent closing. Maybe there is a hint why it don't works.
(2016-02-10, 21:08)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 21:53)arcelas Wrote:
Quote:*******************************************
* Creating setup file... *
* PLEASE WAIT *
Error in script "Beta_1.4_InstallerScript.nsi" on line 213 -- aborting creation process
DONE!

Setup is located at
D:\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\BuildSetup\Builds\Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.7.2 x86.exe
Press any key to continue . . .

Ok. I want to start over from creating my Transifex account. I logged into transifex using my github account info.
I cloned the source from github, opened and built project with VB, ran "txAccount.bat" and tested it with "txDownload.bat". Nothing happened. I then tried to use the 0_BuildSetup_x86.bat file to compile and create an installer. That's when I get the same error message every time.

Check your Transifex Client settings in C:\Users\Username\.transifexrc (open with Notepad++ or something else). This file should looks like:

Code:
[https://www.transifex.com]
hostname = https://www.transifex.com
password = PASSWORD
token =
username = USERNAME

Also you can add PAUSE at the end of the batch file txDownload.bat to prevent closing. Maybe there is a hint why it don't works.

Transifex account issues. You have to create a brand-new account. My Github account was not recognized or something. Used an old alias, and a different email, and it worked like a charm!
I am sure I must be doing something wrong, whenever I try to update my forked copy Github Desktop keeps saying there are no changes. However, I know there have been commits since I created the fork. Could you please provide some additional detail (beyond the original post) on how to make this process work, I guess I could always delete and re-create the fork but there has to be a better/easier way.
(2016-02-23, 18:17)hslansky Wrote: I am sure I must be doing something wrong, whenever I try to update my forked copy Github Desktop keeps saying there are no changes. However, I know there have been commits since I created the fork. Could you please provide some additional detail (beyond the original post) on how to make this process work, I guess I could always delete and re-create the fork but there has to be a better/easier way.

I'm pretty damn technical, but even I found this to be a huge fucking pain in the ass! I would like to try this out, but I just did a delete and re-create yesterday and nothing new has changed. Try this out if you haven't done the same and let me know if it works:

Open your fork repo on GitHub.
Click on Pull Requests.
Click on New Pull Request. By default, GitHub will compare the original with your fork, and there shouldn’t be nothing to compare if you didn’t make any changes.
Click on switching the base (if no changes were made in the fork) or click Edit and switch the base manually. Now GitHub will compare your fork with the original, and you should see all the latest changes.
Click on Create to create a pull request for this comparison and assign a predictable name to your pull request (e.g., Update from original).
Click on Send pull request.
Scroll down and click Merge pull request and finally Confirm merge (If your fork didn’t have any changes, you will be able to merge it automatically).

*EDIT* Just tried this and it worked beautifully!
@DanCooper, I have error when try compile,

Any tip how I solve this...
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2016-03-02, 19:47)Wanilton Wrote: @DanCooper, I have error when try compile,

Any tip how I solve this...

Use the free 2015 Community Edition. Looks like 2013 can't handle the short version of control namespaces.
I've edited first post to solve the update forks in GitHub Desktop.
(2016-03-02, 20:22)DanCooper Wrote: I've edited first post to solve the update forks in GitHub Desktop.

Thank you so much for this! I knew there was an easier way than what I had done. Gonna give it a shot, thanks again!
Dan i try to compile, but the last line of vb output log is:

41> Impossibile trovare C:\Users\Win7_VM\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\EmberMM - Release - x86\Bin\SQLite.Interop.dll

Inside the mai folder there are 18x file "SQLite.Interop.dll" ... which one i must copy?
I'm not in danger Skyler, I'm the danger! A guy opens his door and get shot, and you think that's me? No, I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!

Ember Media Manager lover...
(2016-03-04, 10:28)brunosso Wrote: Dan i try to compile, but the last line of vb output log is:

41> Impossibile trovare C:\Users\Win7_VM\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\EmberMM - Release - x86\Bin\SQLite.Interop.dll

Inside the mai folder there are 18x file "SQLite.Interop.dll" ... which one i must copy?

No one, will be included automatically. I've fixed/removed that in source code: Commit
I was trying to compile a new build today but when I run buildsetup_x86 i get the following error after the translation files are downloaded:
File: "C:\Users\moham\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\BuildSetup\..\EmberMM - Release - x86\Bin\*.*" -> no files found.
Error in script "Beta_1.4_InstallerScript.nsi" on line 128 -- aborting creation process
DONE!

Setup is located at
C:\Users\moham\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\BuildSetup\Builds\Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.8.0-alpha9 x86.exe

No file is created though. Last time I compiled successfully was a couple of days ago, so I am not sure what changed. Any ideas?
(2016-03-04, 22:51)zonly1 Wrote: I was trying to compile a new build today but when I run buildsetup_x86 i get the following error after the translation files are downloaded:
File: "C:\Users\moham\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\BuildSetup\..\EmberMM - Release - x86\Bin\*.*" -> no files found.
Error in script "Beta_1.4_InstallerScript.nsi" on line 128 -- aborting creation process
DONE!

Setup is located at
C:\Users\moham\Documents\GitHub\Ember-MM-Newscraper\BuildSetup\Builds\Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.8.0-alpha9 x86.exe

No file is created though. Last time I compiled successfully was a couple of days ago, so I am not sure what changed. Any ideas?

Just fixed and commited on GitHub: Link
Hi Dan, I wanted to ask you if there was a reason why some of the images (like the Netflix studio logo or the PCM logo) are not included in the compiled code or the installer. I had to copy manually the missing images from the source code. I only had to do it once but I was curious.
Thanks for all your hard work.
Code:
Error in script "Beta_1.4_InstallerScript.nsi" on line 209 -- aborting creation process

Getting this error while using the build bat...
I never been asked to create a tx account anyway, neither log into mine ...
Someone can help me?

Edit: and I have just synced with github. (Synced? fetched? downloaded the new files.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode1