Multiple Backdrop Art Changing
I just realized my background art when I'm looking at tv shows and movies doesn't change. Am I crazy or did it used to do that? I know on the home screen I can have it rotate between all the art as a teaser of what is available. But I'm referring to all the other art for each item. Like 10 backgrounds for X-Files. All I see is just the one. I'm using Emby as my media provider, and have already scraped all the artwork. They do exist already on my drives. Kodi just doesn't seem to use them. Is there a setting somewhere that I might have disabled? I could have sworn it used to do it.
(2016-01-05, 03:29)hansolo77 Wrote: I just realized my background art when I'm looking at tv shows and movies doesn't change. Am I crazy or did it used to do that? I know on the home screen I can have it rotate between all the art as a teaser of what is available. But I'm referring to all the other art for each item. Like 10 backgrounds for X-Files. All I see is just the one. I'm using Emby as my media provider, and have already scraped all the artwork. They do exist already on my drives. Kodi just doesn't seem to use them. Is there a setting somewhere that I might have disabled? I could have sworn it used to do it.

I think your referring to extrafanart. Have you got a folder called extrafanart inside the folder of your movie or TV show. Place the images in there then enable extrafanart option in drop down menu. While in movie list press left to see drop down menu. Under art section select extrafanart.

Hope this helps Smile
For movies, I have all the media in the same folder (except for a subfolder called /trailers). For TV shows, all the media is in the show's root folder except for the season art which is in each season's subfolder, and the metadata images (episode thumbs, etc) which are stored in the season's /metadata subfolder. This is how Emby built the subfolder structures. I haven't changed anything as far as that is concerned.

Most of my media (artwork) hasn't been updated in 3-4 years. I was originally using a Windows Media Center setup with Emby, and everything was working correctly. Then I switched to a Raspberry Pi to eliminate the big hulking computer in the room. I've almost got it the way I want it, but the rotating backdrops aren't working. Maybe it's just never worked in this setup before, and only worked on the Media Center. I will go through and see if I can change some settings somewhere and have all the artwork moved to an "extrafanart" subfolder.
(2016-01-05, 16:20)hansolo77 Wrote: For movies, I have all the media in the same folder (except for a subfolder called /trailers). For TV shows, all the media is in the show's root folder except for the season art which is in each season's subfolder, and the metadata images (episode thumbs, etc) which are stored in the season's /metadata subfolder. This is how Emby built the subfolder structures. I haven't changed anything as far as that is concerned.

Most of my media (artwork) hasn't been updated in 3-4 years. I was originally using a Windows Media Center setup with Emby, and everything was working correctly. Then I switched to a Raspberry Pi to eliminate the big hulking computer in the room. I've almost got it the way I want it, but the rotating backdrops aren't working. Maybe it's just never worked in this setup before, and only worked on the Media Center. I will go through and see if I can change some settings somewhere and have all the artwork moved to an "extrafanart" subfolder.

For movies each movie needs to have its own folder. Then in each movie folder have subbfolder called extrafanart. I recommend using the mediaelch media manager here 136333 (thread) as it has all correct folder structures and has great user interface.

Its best to get your media organised correctly save ya few headaches down the road Tongue. If your stuck on anything let me know sure.
I've actually been using Media Center Manager to do all my metadata scraping. It's worked great until I realized it doesn't save the artwork in an extrafanart folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Backdrop Art Changing0