Will this edimax work on rpi
Will this USB wifi adapter work with rpi B model straight out of te box. Im running openelec Kodi. Thank you

Edimax EW-7811UAC AC600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band High Gain 4dBi (2.4GHz) and 6dBi (5GHz)
Should work with OpenELEC 6.0, yes. You'll probably have more luck getting 2.4GHz to work than 5GHz, the chipset in the EW-7811UAC doesn't have the best driver support.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks Milhouse.

My main goal is to get the 5ghz connectivity and to find a unit with a high gain antenna. Can you or anyone recommend a better USB unit to work with my Pi (B model) and Openelec 6.0
Sorry my knowledge of WiFi dongles is (intentionally) limited, even more so when it comes to 5GHz. Some other users have tried to get 5GHz working and hopefully can offer some suggestions/feedback.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've had that dongle working well in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. This has not been in AC mode though. The router I was using didn't support it. Someone on another thread has reported issues in AC mode.
Well, i purchased this USB dongle and I have to say it works great straight out of the box. Im am using te 5ghz connection and alough a few rooms away from my router I am getting more than 300mb/s.
Ok. For completeness, I've now used this with an AC router (Netgear Nighthawk R7000). Several days use and a couple of movies in 1080p and other video in 720p. There have been no dropouts and no visible signs of buffering in that time. Even when skipping through a video, the video plays pretty much instantly from the new point. I haven't measured throughput but it just feels like a wired connection. There's a double brick wall between router and dongle but also minimal wifi congestion around here. Pretty happy basically. I'd recommend this dongle (and the router if you're in the market for one).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will this edimax work on rpi0