MPAA control for movies
Lightbulb 
XBMC is a wonderful tool and is used by the whole family. We have a large repository of movies ranging from animated kids films to stuff that Dad likes (big guns, big explosions, etc). I would very much like to easily protect my children from accidentally viewing movies outside of their age suitability.

imdb contains some potentially very useful MPAA ratings. I can imagine a system where all movies are visible to browse but only those up to a suitable MPAA threshold can be played without a password entered. A large MPAA rating could be even be displayed onscreen just before a movie starts to play - that is a good checksum for parents wanting to control age appropriate content.

Any ratring control needs to be super simple to use. I would prefer not to achieve the control with user profiles, as there are a wide range of people of all ages that use XBMC.

This would be a very cool control for parents of young (and not so young) children. Thanks.
I doubt it's something the XBMC devs will bother with, mainly as I can't see what difference there is between this and user profiles. If you have a wide range of people of all ages using XBMC, then surely you'd need a wide range of classifications (and passwords) that are suitable for them to watch. You may as well just use user profiles.

Feel free to do up a patch in either case.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yea, I just have two shares for movies and two for tv shows then I have two profiles. One for the wife and myself and one for junior. In our profile, I add both shares for movies and for his, only one share. Works great.

J_K_M_A_N

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPAA control for movies0