Win Realtime/Synchronous EIT EPG Update
Hello everyone, I've recently been forced to switch from a Linux-based kodi solution to a Windows-based one; my new Baytrail-T mini-pc toy doesn't have working hdmi audio drivers for linux (yet) Sad

I'm running Windows 10, Kodi 15.2, MediaPortal TVServer 1.12.0, and TVServerKodi 1.12.0.129: on the technical side I see no big issues (apart that I miss my custom Linux build), but regarding DVB OTA EPG (EIT) I'm seeing a different behaviour than what I'm used to, let me explain:

With tvheadend on linux, EPG is routinely scanned by the backend, but it is also updated whenever I switch lo a live-tv channel: if the routine epg scan didn't pick up epg for channel "XY", whenever I switch to that live channel, over-the-air epg is grabbed and picked up by kodi, that displays it immediately

Now with MediaPortal, this doesn't happen, if epg for channel "XY" isn't already cached at kodi start time, it doens't get populated once I start channel "XY", but I have to wait until the routine idle scan takes place and kodi notices the update.

Is this standard behaviour or am I missing some options ? Does mediaportal pvr addon support on-the-fly epg update ? I only have one DVB-T tuner, and waiting for the EPG to get pulled is somewhat frustrating; I even tried other backends (nexpvr, argus) with similar results, all to no avail.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex
Yes it is standard behavior.
No, the PVR addon does not yet support on-the-fly epg update.
The addon itself is completely passive. It only executes command from Kodi.
The Mediaportal TV Server will continue collecting EPG information, only Kodi will see it later.
If you don't want to wait, you can try to disable the caching of the EPG in Kodi by enabling the "TV Settings/Guide/Don't cache in local database" setting.
This forces Kodi to request the data directly from the backend.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Realtime/Synchronous EIT EPG Update0