• 115(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
Isn't it possible to see if login works atleast to begin with and a note that you haven't tested premium content?

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2016-07-22, 22:26)Leatherface Wrote: Isn't it possible to see if login works atleast to begin with and a note that you haven't tested premium content?

That works. I just pushed some commits to the Nightly/GIT Retrospect. See https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...t-29389084
Hmm i don't know if it's me but it crashes when i add login/password andthen tries to use TV4 Play.
And is it possible to add login/password without need to type that password everytime i want to use TV4 Play? I am the only one using this anyway so no need for password.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
(2016-07-23, 00:10)Leatherface Wrote: Hmm i don't know if it's me but it crashes when i add login/password andthen tries to use TV4 Play.
And is it possible to add login/password without need to type that password everytime i want to use TV4 Play? I am the only one using this anyway so no need for password.

I assume you did set the username/password correctly? You only need the PW once every hour. But please post a full DEBUG retrospect.log on pastebin.com?
Maybe make it as an option as i think many agree it's annoying to type password everytime you want to use it. Should be enough to have it stored in addon.
But i can understand some people wants password.
I'll try to fix a debug log.

(2016-07-23, 00:27)Leatherface Wrote: Maybe make it as an option as i think many agree it's anoying to type password everytime you want to use it. Should be enough to have it stored in addon.
But i can understand some people wants password.
I'll try to fix a debug log.

I think you are misunderstanding things. Retrospect has a PIN which is used to encrypt data. When you set the TV4 PW it is encrypted that way. If you successfully log on to TV4 you won't need the pin for another 1 hour. If you don't specify a username for TV4, you will never be prompted for the PIN
Isn't it possible without prompting for PIN whole time?
Not even TV4's own homepage does that.
But it's after i type that PIN it crashes for me.

(2016-07-23, 00:34)Leatherface Wrote: Isn't it possible without prompting for PIN whole time?
Not even TV4's own site does homepage.

Sure, if I store your password in plain text in the config file of Retrospect....which is not what you want.
Should not be needed just remove the popup for password every hour and it can still be encrypted. Not that i really care so much because noone has access to my machines.
Better to have strong password to the machines instead.

(2016-07-23, 01:02)Leatherface Wrote: Should not be needed just remove the popup for password every hour and it can still be encrypted. Not that i really care so much because noone has access to my machines.
Better to have strong password to the machines instead.

Trust me, from a Python point of view, this is the way to go. Especially as it needs to work on a large number of platforms.
Maybe an option to disable it with a warning popup or something?
I don't see the point with a popup there i put a pw like '1111' that i easy to type with remote.
A harder PIN with no popup should be more safe than that.

(2016-07-23, 01:38)Leatherface Wrote: Maybe an option to disable it with a warning popup or something?
I don't see the point with a popup there i put a pw like '1111' that i easy to type with remote.
A harder PIN with no popup should be more safe than that.

No true at all. The PIN is input for scrypt to create a strong key (slow process to prevent brute forcing). That strong key is used to decrypt the Retrospect vault encryption key. And that key encrypts all the data. This way, the PIN can be changed without re-encrypting all the data and the security is quite OK, even with short PINs. And there really are no plans of changing or disabling this behaviour. I really don't like all the add-ons that just put all you password data in the xml files. It just is not safe. Trust me.
I don't see the need for an popup every hour.
I don't care if it's encrypted just an option to disable that popup for PIN.
Or an option to change it to 1 day,1 week etc.
Typing in passwords every hour is not very remote friendly.
With this behaviour i am without favorites instead as long that works.
Seems i found the problem and it seems it was a smart dns server that made it crash.
When i added my ISPs DNS server it started to work again.
Still it shouldn't crash because of GEO locked things.

(2016-07-23, 01:56)Leatherface Wrote: I don't see the need for an popup every hour.
I don't care if it's encrypted just an option to disable that popup for PIN.
Or an option to change it to 1 day,1 week etc.
Typing in passwords every hour is not very remote friendly.
With this behaviour i am without favorites instead as long that works.
Seems i found the problem and it seems it was a smart dns server that made it crash.
When i added my ISPs DNS server it started to work again.
Still it shouldn't crash because of GEO locked things.

I really don't want to go into the whole PIN discussion it is as it is, SAFE and with minimal user input. Choose 1111 as a PIN and go with that. For now you will need it once and then (if all works as expected) another time exactly 1 year later (the 'remember me' token from TV4 Play site appears to be valid for 1 year so I changed that). I just pushed that change to the GIT repo.

Regarding the smart DNS: post a full retrospect.log on pastebin.com and I can have a look.
Ok that change sounds better.
I will reproduce the error and upload the log later.
Except for that this addon in very good and would be hard to live without it Smile
The only thing that would make it better is C More Play support but i guess that is hard because i think it still needs google chrome/chromium for that beacuse of DRM.
They have changed to HTML5 support atleast so it works in Linux.

• 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7