• 119(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
(2016-10-15, 11:59)Phyxius Wrote: Hi,

I am looking for the channel School TV.
It was mentioned here and looks like it can be found in the nightly build.

https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...tv-in-kodi

It is defently not in the stable version.

The question is: is it in the nightly build and when can we acpect it in the sable version?

Thanks for reading andere keep up the great work.Big Grin
Nope, it's not in there yet, at all. But feel free to leave a comment on that issue in BitBucket so it gets back on the top of the list.
Hi!

How does proxy settings work for proxy type DNS?
What kind of server addresses can I then use?
Can I for example use X-Forwarded-For addresses or can I use a "dynamic" geo-unlock address, those that changes my country depending on what streaming server I am connecting to?
(2016-10-21, 02:33)larchen Wrote: Hi!

Can I for example use X-Forwarded-For addresses or can I use a "dynamic" geo-unlock address, those that changes my country depending on what streaming server I am connecting to?

There are a basically two standard Proxy options:
  • HTTP Proxy: just a standard HTTP Proxy with or without credentials
  • DNS Proxy: allows to specify alternative DNS proxy servers that are used to resolve hostnames
Both options could be a paid service from a third party.

Besides this, some channels allow to set an X-Forwarded-For setting. That setting is usually called the Local IP but is only available for a limited number of channels.
(2016-10-21, 13:22)Basje Wrote:
(2016-10-21, 02:33)larchen Wrote: Hi!

There are a basically two standard Proxy options:
  • HTTP Proxy: just a standard HTTP Proxy with or without credentials
  • DNS Proxy: allows to specify alternative DNS proxy servers that are used to resolve hostnames
Both options could be a paid service from a third party.

Besides this, some channels allow to set an X-Forwarded-For setting. That setting is usually called the Local IP but is only available for a limited number of channels.

Thanks for response!

Does
"DNS Proxy: allows to specify alternative DNS proxy servers that are used to resolve hostnames"
mean this could be used with services like
"dynamic" geo-unblock address, those that changes my country depending on what streaming server I am connecting to?

Do you have any idea regarding which channels that work with putting a X-Forwarded-For adress as a dns proxy address?

Are there other kind of services that can be used as dns-proxy for geo-unlocking?

My vpn-provider doesn't offer any proxy service, would it somehow be possible to configure Retrospect country-proxy-settings to use/work with different openvpn connections with cert-files etc, perhaps using several tap-adapters?

Do you otherwise have some idea/suggestion for a setup to use with Retrospect country-proxy-settings, perhaps running local proxy servers combined with an "openvpn + several tap-adapters simultaneous connected to different servers in different countries"-setup?

... or am I way off in my speculations?

Grateful for any help and suggestions!
I have sometimes experienced to lose some retrospect settings when retrospect gets updated. Yesterday I lost the IP settings of the Swedish channels. However, other settings remained. Is there something I can do to prevent this?
Sorry for the late reply, somehow I missed the notification. So here are my answers:

(2016-10-21, 22:28)larchen Wrote: Thanks for response!

Does
"DNS Proxy: allows to specify alternative DNS proxy servers that are used to resolve hostnames"
mean this could be used with services like
"dynamic" geo-unblock address, those that changes my country depending on what streaming server I am connecting to?
This is correct.
(2016-10-21, 22:28)larchen Wrote: Do you have any idea regarding which channels that work with putting a X-Forwarded-For adress as a dns proxy address?
No, you can't just add an ip into a proxy field to make it work with x-forwarded-for. Those channels that support it (a very limited an shrinking set) have a Channel Setting called "Local IP" which you can set. This is regardless of any Proxy configuration.

(2016-10-21, 22:28)larchen Wrote: Are there other kind of services that can be used as dns-proxy for geo-unlocking?
My vpn-provider doesn't offer any proxy service, would it somehow be possible to configure Retrospect country-proxy-settings to use/work with different openvpn connections with cert-files etc, perhaps using several tap-adapters?

Do you otherwise have some idea/suggestion for a setup to use with Retrospect country-proxy-settings, perhaps running local proxy servers combined with an "openvpn + several tap-adapters simultaneous connected to different servers in different countries"-setup?

... or am I way off in my speculations?

Grateful for any help and suggestions!
I can't answer this question as this kind of configurations could be seen as "illegal activities to prevent geo blocking" and might get this thread closed, which we don't want.
(2016-11-03, 15:00)asplundj Wrote: I have sometimes experienced to lose some retrospect settings when retrospect gets updated. Yesterday I lost the IP settings of the Swedish channels. However, other settings remained. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

In theory, updating Retrospect via the official Retrospect repository should not lead to any of this. What OS and Kodi version are you running?

Could you, for now, enable debug logging within Retrospect and if this happens again, could you create a bug for this in the Retrospect BitBucket issue tracker and attach both the retrospect.log and retrospect.old.log (located in the \userdata\addon_data\net.rieter.xot) to the issue?
(2016-11-03, 21:29)Basje Wrote:
(2016-11-03, 15:00)asplundj Wrote: I have sometimes experienced to lose some retrospect settings when retrospect gets updated. Yesterday I lost the IP settings of the Swedish channels. However, other settings remained. Is there something I can do to prevent this?

In theory, updating Retrospect via the official Retrospect repository should not lead to any of this. What OS and Kodi version are you running?

Could you, for now, enable debug logging within Retrospect and if this happens again, could you create a bug for this in the Retrospect BitBucket issue tracker and attach both the retrospect.log and retrospect.old.log (located in the \userdata\addon_data\net.rieter.xot) to the issue?

I'm running kodi 16.1 on raspbian jessie (rpi2). I've turned on debug and will file a bug if it happens again.

Thanks
Johan
(2016-11-03, 22:12)asplundj Wrote:
(2016-11-03, 21:29)Basje Wrote:

I'm running kodi 16.1 on raspbian jessie (rpi2). I've turned on debug and will file a bug if it happens again.

Thanks
Johan
Looking forward to it.
Swedish channel TV4 is broken. Sad They seem to have released a new "app" and now all clips in retrospect shows the same clip with a guy telling you to get the new app..
(2016-11-08, 18:39)Ugga Wrote: Swedish channel TV4 is broken. Sad They seem to have released a new "app" and now all clips in retrospect shows the same clip with a guy telling you to get the new app..

Reported on the issue tracker https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-onl...tdated-app

Looking into it tonight.
Hello

I´ve installed Retrospect on my Android Shield tv but it wont show up under video addons and nothing happens when i try to start it from the repository.
I have tried it on SPMC, kodi 16.1 and Kodi 17 with same results, what am i missing?
Does it work on android TV?

Thank you for your hard work
(2016-11-08, 22:27)swegunnar Wrote: Hello

I´ve installed Retrospect on my Android Shield tv but it wont show up under video addons and nothing happens when i try to start it from the repository.
I have tried it on SPMC, kodi 16.1 and Kodi 17 with same results, what am i missing?

Did you follow the installation tutorial? As in: Install the repository first, then from the repository Retrospect? http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/troubl...g/install/ has a video.
(2016-11-08, 22:33)Basje Wrote:

Did you follow the installation tutorial? As in: Install the repository first, then from the repository Retrospect? http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/troubl...g/install/ has a video.

Yes i followed the installation tutorial, i just think its weird...when i go to The retrospect repository/video add on it shows the addon as installed but under add ons installed or video add ons it doesint show up.
I will try to get a debugg logg but its not easy finding that logg on android tv, at least over ftp.
(2016-11-08, 23:04)swegunnar Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 22:33)Basje Wrote:

Yes i followed the installation tutorial, i just think its weird...when i go to The retrospect repository/video add on it shows the addon as installed but under add ons installed or video add ons it doesint show up.
I will try to get a debugg logg but its not easy finding that logg on android tv, at least over ftp.

I think you only installed the repository. Not de actual add-on. Watch this video and follow its steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVl2cpssn1k
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7