Release - Retrospect v4.0.0 (formerly XBMC Online TV) add-on

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
Thumbs Up  Retrospect v4.0.0 (formerly XBMC Online TV) add-on
It took some time, but here it is: the first release of Retrospect. As announced previously (http://www.rieter.net/content/2015/03/29...me-part-2/) XBMC Online TV/XOT has been rebranded to Retrospect. To stay out of possible update problems, we continued the version numbering, but did give it a nice bump: Retrospect v4.0.0!

But there are more changes. The two biggest changes are the introduction of 'channel specific' settings and the possibility for some channels to add a spoof IP addrees. The first features allows channels to have their own special settings (such as the NPO.nl channel). They are available via the add-on settings or via the contect menu. The latter alows some channels to stream shows that are usually only available from within the country. Although there are only a couple of Swedish channels that support this. Here is the full list of changes:

Changelog v4.0.0 - 2015-05-01

Framework related
  • Updated: Add-on Settings.
  • Added: Channel specific settings.
  • Changed: Make sure that the channel settings are in the correct order when a new channel is deployed.
  • Changed: set channel settings in the channel json config file and update the settings.xml.
  • Changed: Displaying of empty lists improved.
  • Changed: Error handling improved.
  • Added: Language info to addon.xml files.
  • Changed: removed "user-agent" from MediaPart and added the HttpHeaders to it.
  • Fixed: correctly check for missing thumb url's.
  • Fixed: Charset testing now uses rfind.
  • Fixed: Some labels on XBMC4Xbox did not show correctly.
  • Fixed: XBMC4XBox updater missed a parameter (Fixes #587).
  • Changed: Let rPi users select their player (force DVDPlayer or Auto).
  • Fixed: in some rare cases, if only a cache ETag was present, response would incorrectly be cached for 3600 seconds. Now it's stale after 60 seconds and must-revalidate afterwards.
  • Added: the possibility for some channels to 'spoof' the client IP to allow playback from outside the original region (Fixes #595). This can be found under the respective channel settings.

GUI related
  • Renamed: XOT/XBMC Online TV to Retrospect.
  • Updated: language files.
  • Version: bumped all to 4.0.0.
  • Added: new logo and new name.
  • Renamed: XBMC to Kodi.
  • Renamed: context menu items from XOT to Retro.
  • Updated: optimized PNG files for channels icons and art.
  • Changed: no more channel proxy in the context menu, but channel settings.
  • Updated: Swedish translations (Thanks to Göran).
  • Fixed: minor translation issue.

Channel related
  • Added: Categories for SVT.se (Fixes #614).
  • Fixed: NPO.nl changed their site which broke the alphabetical listing (Fixes #612).
  • Fixed: pages in kijk.nl did not show videos (Fixes #609).
  • Added: 'Mest spelade', 'Mest delade', 'Senaste' and 'Sista chansen' to URPlay (Fixed #608).
  • Fixed: URPlay updated their JSON format (Fixes #607).
  • Fixed: Omrop Fryslân broke (Fixes #606).
  • Fixed: RTV Utrecht changed URL.
  • Fixed: NPO broke due to site changes (Fixes #605).
  • Fixed: SBS 6, SBS 9, NET 5 and Veronica broke (Fixes #603).
  • Fixed: Radio 538 Live streams (Fixes #604).
  • Added: MTG channels now show a DRM protection '^' if they future items viewable by payment only.
  • Added: ATV.sr Algemene Televisie Verzorging (Fixes #601).
  • Fixed: BBC iPlayer regex fixed (Fixes #602).
  • Updated: RTL logos.
  • Fixed: TV6.no icon had incorrect image.
  • Fixed: more TV6 (MTG) stream issues.
  • Fixed: SVT would not show videos (Fixes #599).
  • Added: SRF.ch channel.
  • Fixed: ViaSat channels sometimes won't work with manifest.m3u8 but do with master.m3u8 (See #598).
  • Added: channel configuration for TV3 Play (Eesti), TV6 Play (Eesti), TV3 Play (Lietuva), TV6 Play (Lietuva), TV8 Play (Lietuva), TV3 Play (Latvija), TV3 Play (Norge), Viasat4 (Norge) and TV6 Play (Norge).
  • Added: channel configuration for TV 4 Play, TV 6 Play, TV 8 Play, TV 10 Play and SVT Öppet arkiv.
  • Added: channel configuration for TV3.se.
  • Fixed: UR Play would not play back
  • Added: enabled SVT viewing for all over the world.
  • Fixed: 3FM web cam stream disappeared from the listing due to a previous fix (Fixes #594).
  • Fixed: MTG channels did not select streams properly (Fixes #590).
  • Fixed: RTL broke their paging..and my channel (Fixes #591).
  • Fixed: SVT Regex missed some episodes (not many) (Fixes #58.8)
  • Added: SBS 9 to Kijk.nl channel.
  • Changed: Add "Current" and "Next" to the NPO Live channels (Fixes #583) and don't cache the Live TV Url for now.
  • Added: SBS 9.nl channel
  • Updated: NPO logo.
  • Updated: RTL XL image.

Installation
Information on how to install this addon/script/plugin can be found on the installation page.

Issues
If you encounter any issues, please let me know using the Issue List on the BitBucket page of Retrospect (https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-online-tv/issues). Please attach a complete logfile (retrospect.log).

Download
The new version can be downloaded from the XOT site: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/downloads/.

Thanks to the owner of hamans.com for giving me free bandwidth and jetbrains for providing me with a license to PyCharm Community Edition.

-=== Older Changelogs ===-
More Changelogs can be found at http://www.rieter.net/content/category/xot/changelog/

-=== Older Changelogs ===-
More Changelogs can be found at http://www.rieter.net/content/category/xot/changelog/
(This post was last modified: 2015-05-01 22:53 by Basje.)
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
Just finished an update: Uitzendinggemist v2.1.0. It now also supports RTL4, 5 & 7!
The release can be found on my personal website and soon on www.xbmcscripts.com.

find quote
chiel80 Offline
I installed your script (read it on tweakers.net) and I think it looks very well.
Everything is fine but theres one bug. When you select a program, no matter it is on 1,2,3, 4,5,7 then the next page (page with date selection) pops up very little in the upper left corner. MAybe it helps to tell you i've got an 16:9 Lcd screen. Maybe it has something to do with absolute coding in your script? If you want i can post a screenshot for you?
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
chiel80 Wrote:I installed your script (read it on tweakers.net) and I think it looks very well.
Everything is fine but theres one bug. When you select a program, no matter it is on 1,2,3, 4,5,7 then the next page (page with date selection) pops up very little in the upper left corner. MAybe it helps to tell you i've got an 16:9 Lcd screen. Maybe it has something to do with absolute coding in your script? If you want i can post a screenshot for you?

Strange. But a screenshot would be nice. I would also like to know which version of XBMC (when it was compiled, you can see that at the information panel of XBMC) you have.

find quote
chiel80 Offline
Compile date is april fools day :-)
picture: [Image: screenshot004.jpg]

If you want to discuss in dutch we can do that at tweakers (nick=stampre)
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
chiel80 Wrote:Compile date is april fools day :-)
picture: [Image: screenshot004.jpg]

If you want to discuss in dutch we can do that at tweakers (nick=stampre)
Ok, I think I know what the problem is. Could you uncomment line 127 in default.py.
So change
Code:
#self.setCoordinateResolution(PAL_4x3)
into
Code:
self.setCoordinateResolution(PAL_4x3)

And then let me know the result (and compile date of XBMC).

find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
Basje Wrote:Ok, I think I know what the problem is. Could you uncomment line 127 in default.py.
So change
Code:
#self.setCoordinateResolution(PAL_4x3)
into
Code:
self.setCoordinateResolution(PAL_4x3)

And then let me know the result (and compile date of XBMC).

OK, my bad.

It should be:
Code:
win.setCoordinateResolution(PAL_4x3)

find quote
chiel80 Offline
I will do that, but I really dont know how to code/encode of even open an .py file...Blush
find quote
tslayer Offline
Team-XBMC Developer
Do you know how to use notepad?

42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
chiel80 Offline
That was my firtst thought, maubei can use notepad. So i am fixing it now :-) stupid me :-)
find quote
chiel80 Offline
chiel80 Wrote:That was my firtst thought, maubei can use notepad. So i am fixing it now :-) stupid me :-)

And problem solved! I have changed row 127 and now its okay! tnx!
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
chiel80 Wrote:That was my firtst thought, maubei can use notepad. So i am fixing it now :-) stupid me :-)

I already fixed it. Will put it on my website asap.

find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
Basje Wrote:I already fixed it. Will put it on my website asap.

I cannot edit. So get the update here:
http://www.rieter.net/uitzendinggemist/index.php

find quote
justido Offline
Hi, wonderful script this is, glad that its still being updated.

I have a problem with it though, a lot of NL1 programs I cant open, for example NL - Radar, I cant open that one, I can click it, but nothing happens, on other shows it does bring up the show list.

Is it something on my side?
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
justido Wrote:Hi, wonderful script this is, glad that its still being updated.

I have a problem with it though, a lot of NL1 programs I cant open, for example NL - Radar, I cant open that one, I can click it, but nothing happens, on other shows it does bring up the show list.

Is it something on my side?

Hi Justido,

I check the Ned1 program "Radar" with the latest version of Uitzendinggemist (v2.2.0 see my website at http://www.rieter.net/uitzendinggemist/) and it runs fine.

Please check that you are using the latest version of Uitzendinggemist v2 and check the age of your XBMC build. If so, please describe the exactly when things go wrong (do you get the 'Radar episodes'-listing, or don't they even show up).

Let me know the results.

find quote