• 83(current)
Release Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On
(2012-04-30, 14:00)Basje Wrote: Well, the logfiles show the ShowSettings as the last command from XOT, so I guess the crash is caused by XBMC. Did you try calling the settings before starting XOT-Uzg.v3? Or tried running XOT-Uzg.v3 as a plugin (http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa..._as_plugin)?

1: How do i calling the settings whitout start XOT-Ugz?
2: To install XOT-Ugz as plugin, is not working in XBMC for XBOX
(2012-04-30, 17:25)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 14:00)Basje Wrote: Well, the logfiles show the ShowSettings as the last command from XOT, so I guess the crash is caused by XBMC. Did you try calling the settings before starting XOT-Uzg.v3? Or tried running XOT-Uzg.v3 as a plugin (http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa..._as_plugin)?

1: Settings: before starting XOT-Uzg.v3 as a script, get the contextmenu using your Xbox remote and select settings.
2: Yes it should work as a plugin, are you sure you copied it to the right folder: "plugins/video/"? And did you add it as a source? If it's still not working, post an uzgplugin.log on pastebin.org.
(2012-04-30, 19:13)Basje Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 17:25)antonstarlid Wrote:

1: Settings: before starting XOT-Uzg.v3 as a script, get the contextmenu using your Xbox remote and select settings.
2: Yes it should work as a plugin, are you sure you copied it to the right folder: "plugins/video/"? And did you add it as a source? If it's still not working, post an uzgplugin.log on pastebin.org.

Have you try the XBMC for XBOX anytime? I have it on my PC also, and there are the plugins option as you say but its not in the menu on the XBOX just Scripts, i do find the map you say but not how to start it
(2012-04-30, 19:52)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:13)Basje Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 17:25)antonstarlid Wrote: 1: How do i calling the settings whitout start XOT-Ugz?

Have you try the XBMC for XBOX anytime? I have it on my PC also, and there are the plugins option as you say but its not in the menu on the XBOX just Scripts, i do find the map you say but not how to start it
I have an Xbox and XBMC on it myself. Read here: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa..._as_plugin (as I already posted twice) and then read down at the bottom: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa...n_XBMC_GUI
(2012-04-30, 20:14)Basje Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:52)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:13)Basje Wrote: 1: Settings: before starting XOT-Uzg.v3 as a script, get the contextmenu using your Xbox remote and select settings.

I have an Xbox and XBMC on it myself. Read here: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa..._as_plugin (as I already posted twice) and then read down at the bottom: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa...n_XBMC_GUI

I have upload it to PluginFolder but nothing happens when i click on the folder its in, i have the ZipFile in that one, And also no default.py come whit it, I don´t get it
(2012-04-30, 21:05)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 20:14)Basje Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 19:52)antonstarlid Wrote: Have you try the XBMC for XBOX anytime? I have it on my PC also, and there are the plugins option as you say but its not in the menu on the XBOX just Scripts, i do find the map you say but not how to start it

I have upload it to PluginFolder but nothing happens when i click on the folder its in, i have the ZipFile in that one, And also no default.py come whit it, I don´t get it
Did you add it as a source! Read the last part of the installation tutorial.
(2012-04-30, 21:11)Basje Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 21:05)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 20:14)Basje Wrote: I have an Xbox and XBMC on it myself. Read here: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa..._as_plugin (as I already posted twice) and then read down at the bottom: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa...n_XBMC_GUI

Did you add it as a source! Read the last part of the installation tutorial.

Well the pluginfolder come up automatic and no i did not add it in anyway, I just upload it on the FTP and its automatic under Addons
I really don't follow your actions. You are running XBMC4Xbox and extracted the downloaded zip to your /plugin/video folder. You should get a folder /plugin/video/net.rieter.xot with a default.py. Then it should automatically appear under videos or you have to add it via the 'Add sources' option of the video folder.

If it's stull not working, please post the exact steps you executed.

Besides that, you should not compare XBMC (for PC) with XBMC4Xbox. They are two completely different applications if you look at the Add-on features.

(2012-04-30, 23:04)Basje Wrote: I really don't follow your actions. You are running XBMC4Xbox and extracted the downloaded zip to your /plugin/video folder. You should get a folder /plugin/video/net.rieter.xot with a default.py. Then it should automatically appear under videos or you have to add it via the 'Add sources' option of the video folder.

If it's stull not working, please post the exact steps you executed.

Besides that, you should not compare XBMC (for PC) with XBMC4Xbox. They are two completely different applications if you look at the Add-on features.

I have done exactly as you say, Download the zipfile, unzip it, Login to ftp, Browse to plugins/videos folder, And upload it to that one. And yeh i can see the folder on my XBMC but i can not enter it, I don´t see any icon for the folder and it only contains two files a png i guss that is folder image and a XML file, You say i shuld get a py file but the zip don´t have any, Shuld it be automatic generated or what?

/ Anton
Ok, I can't help you if you don't give me a step by step list of what you did. So tell me exactly what you did, including files you downloaded an what you copied where including full path names. I still think you did not add the plugin as a video source (you need to do that on Xbox).
(2012-05-01, 09:34)Basje Wrote: Ok, I can't help you if you don't give me a step by step list of what you did. So tell me exactly what you did, including files you downloaded an what you copied where including full path names. I still think you did not add the plugin as a video source (you need to do that on Xbox).

Ok, More clean then this can´t it be i think

1: I download this file "net.rieter.xot.repository-1.0.1.zip"
2: I open it whit WinRAR and Unpack it to my desktop then i have a folder whit name "net.rieter.xot.repository" in the folder it contains two files "icon.png" and "addon.xml"
3: I open FTPRush and go to "/C/plugins/video/" and upload "net.rieter.xot.repository" to that folder
4: I go in to XMBC and under VideoAddons its there i don´t have to add it and i can´t add it ether, I try whit both XBMC 3.01 and XBMC 3.1
5: XBMC 3.0.1 has the option to add VideoAddons but when i chose the folder nothing happens
6: XBMC 3.1 Don´t have this option and can´t be added that way, But its still in VideoAddons when it uploaded to that folder
7: Just to make some stuff clear here, I checked on "YouTube" how to do this, Its a new menu on XBMC today, But it works the same in 3.0.1
8: You did never told me if the py file shuld exist in the zip, or if its shuld be automatic created by XBMC

XBMC 3.1: Here is a Movie on YouTube that i did to show you exactly how it looks, Its relly relly relly bad quilty but its enoth to see whats happen
Notice: 1-1; If i add a VideoPlugin from the program repo plugins installer, I got the option lets see how that looks, And what happens is exactly the same that happens in XBMC 3.0.1, Here is that YouTube Video
Notice: 1-2: Here is a new YouTube Video where i just add it as a normal movie, Then i can see the icon on the folder, But its still not happen anything when i enter it, Here is that YouTube Video

/ Anton
(2012-05-01, 10:31)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 09:34)Basje Wrote: Ok, I can't help you if you don't give me a step by step list of what you did. So tell me exactly what you did, including files you downloaded an what you copied where including full path names. I still think you did not add the plugin as a video source (you need to do that on Xbox).

2: I open it whit WinRAR and Unpack it to my desktop then i have a folder whit name "net.rieter.xot.repository" in the folder it contains two files "icon.png" and "addon.xml"
3: I open FTPRush and go to "/C/plugins/video/" and upload "net.rieter.xot.repository" to that folder
4: I go in to XMBC and under VideoAddons its there i don´t have to add it and i can´t add it ether, I try whit both XBMC 3.01 and XBMC 3.1
5: XBMC 3.0.1 has the option to add VideoAddons but when i chose the folder nothing happens
6: XBMC 3.1 Don´t have this option and can´t be added that way, But its still in VideoAddons when it uploaded to that folder
7: Just to make some stuff clear here, I checked on "YouTube" how to do this, Its a new menu on XBMC today, But it works the same in 3.0.1
8: You did never told me if the py file shuld exist in the zip, or if its shuld be automatic created by XBMC

XBMC 3.1: Here is a Movie on YouTube that i did to show you exactly how it looks, Its relly relly relly bad quilty but its enoth to see whats happen
Notice: 1-1; If i add a VideoPlugin from the program repo plugins installer, I got the option lets see how that looks, And what happens is exactly the same that happens in XBMC 3.0.1, Here is that YouTube Video
Notice: 1-2: Here is a new YouTube Video where i just add it as a normal movie, Then i can see the icon on the folder, But its still not happen anything when i enter it, Here is that YouTube Video

/ Anton
Ok, now we are getting there: why did you download net.rieter.xot.repository-1.0.1.zip? That is not the script/program, it's the XBMC (not XBMC4Xbox) repository that you can use to install XOT-Uzg.v3 on XBMC (Dharma/Eden). It's useless on XBMC4Xbox (like I said, XBMC4Xbox is completely different from XBMC). So download the net.rieter.xot-3.2.14.zip file and extract the contents in the plugins/video folder. If you then go to "Videos" in XBMC4Xbox and go to Video Plugins, it should appear there.

I just got the dust of my Xbox and updated to XBMC4Xbox 3.1 and the plugin and script version work! I did get the crash in the Add-on settings, but that is just the crappy implementation of that specific window in XBMC4Xbox. I can't help that.

I update the Installation docs a bit hopefully it's a bit more clear now: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa..._XBMC4Xbox.

(2012-05-01, 13:52)Basje Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 10:31)antonstarlid Wrote:

/ Anton
Ok, now we are getting there: why did you download net.rieter.xot.repository-1.0.1.zip? That is not the script/program, it's the XBMC (not XBMC4Xbox) repository that you can use to install XOT-Uzg.v3 on XBMC (Dharma/Eden). It's useless on XBMC4Xbox (like I said, XBMC4Xbox is completely different from XBMC). So download the net.rieter.xot-3.2.14.zip file and extract the contents in the plugins/video folder. If you then go to "Videos" in XBMC4Xbox and go to Video Plugins, it should appear there.

I just got the dust of my Xbox and updated to XBMC4Xbox 3.1 and the plugin and script version work! I did get the crash in the Add-on settings, but that is just the crappy implementation of that specific window in XBMC4Xbox. I can't help that.

I update the Installation docs a bit hopefully it's a bit more clear now: http://www.rieter.net/pages/XOT:Installa..._XBMC4Xbox.

Well i like the other view batter, and why does it crash when you run it as script? I mean it need to be the addon and not XBMCs fult, Anyways i got it running the other way and work like a charm, Thx alot for your support

/ Anton
(2012-05-01, 14:33)antonstarlid Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 13:52)Basje Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 10:31)antonstarlid Wrote: Ok, More clean then this can´t it be i think

/ Anton

Well i like the other view batter, and why does it crash when you run it as script? I mean it need to be the addon and not XBMCs fult, Anyways i got it running the other way and work like a charm, Thx alot for your support

/ Anton
Ok, nice to hear. It's just XBMC4Xbox that was split of the current XBMC code right after the initial XBMC plugins and settings introduction. A lot of bugfixes and changes were done after the code was split and those never got into XBMC4Xbox. You can always call the settings before you start XOT-Uzg.v3 as a script from the XBMC context menu. That should give you the same settings and it will likely not crash.

Besides that: Xbox has very limited memory and with current high resolution skins that memory is very full. So you will run into more and more out of memory issues that will cause XBMC to freeze. That is one of the reasons why XBMC4Xbox is no longer officially supported by XOT-Uzg.v3.
None of the videos of deredactie.be are working... Sad
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Retrospect v5.5.x Video Add-On7