Release - [RELEASE] XBMC Online TV v3.5.2 (formerly XOT-Uzg.v3) add-on

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2014-12-30 22:28)yeyeoke Wrote:  is this addon compatible with helix?

Yes, it works on Gotham, Helix and XBMC4Xbox.

(This post was last modified: 2014-12-30 23:10 by Basje.)
find quote
rvdgeer Offline
I must be doing something wrong, because I really can't find the 3FM webcam stream.
I have a fresh install of KODI Helix 14.1 with a fresh install of XOT using the rieter.net repository (fresh download).

I made sure all "videos" are visible, including watched.
Where should I look for the webcam streams for dutch radio?
I honestly think I've searched the all.
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2015-02-10 11:31)rvdgeer Wrote:  I must be doing something wrong, because I really can't find the 3FM webcam stream.
I have a fresh install of KODI Helix 14.1 with a fresh install of XOT using the rieter.net repository (fresh download).

It should be there but isn't, due to a work around I had to do for another issue. If you create a bug for this at the XOT Bitbucket repository for this, I can see if I can fix it. It usually is present under the NPO channel -> Live TV folder.

find quote
Snaah Offline
Hi!

Been using XOT for years. It is awesome! Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm Swedish and currently outside of Sweden, which means one normally isn't able to watch the Swedish state-funded channels play programmes (SVT Play, Öppet arkiv, TV4 Play). I've solved this by using Hola up till now, but it's sometimes slow and sometimes doesn't work. The channels SVT broadcasts can be seen live online if you have a Swedish IP, but it has never worked with Hola.

Some days ago, Hola stopped working at all. Then I found a different solution by using a Chrome extension which can change the HTTP headers. Now everything works through Chrome, even the live broadcasted channels! It is also much faster (no stuttering when buffering). I would LOVE to have this working in Kodi as well. Is it somehow possible?

Thanks in advance.

PS I vote for a name change XBMC Online TV, XOT > Kodi Online TV, KOT.
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2015-02-11 21:20)Snaah Wrote:  Hi!

Been using XOT for years. It is awesome! Thanks for all your hard work.

I'm Swedish and currently outside of Sweden, which means one normally isn't able to watch the Swedish state-funded channels play programmes (SVT Play, Öppet arkiv, TV4 Play). I've solved this by using Hola up till now, but it's sometimes slow and sometimes doesn't work. The channels SVT broadcasts can be seen live online if you have a Swedish IP, but it has never worked with Hola.

Some days ago, Hola stopped working at all. Then I found a different solution by using a Chrome extension which can change the HTTP headers. Now everything works through Chrome, even the live broadcasted channels! It is also much faster (no stuttering when buffering). I would LOVE to have this working in Kodi as well. Is it somehow possible?

Thanks in advance.

PS I vote for a name change XBMC Online TV, XOT > Kodi Online TV, KOT.

Sounds interesting. What extension is it?

find quote
Snaah Offline
(2015-02-11 22:50)Basje Wrote:  Sounds interesting. What extension is it?

The extension is called Modify Headers, but there are several extensions that does the same. To get it working for your country/site you need an IP and the site you want to use it for. The IP I found on a brief instruction page, and it works flawlessly for SVT. I don't really know how it works, but I looked up the IP and it goes to SVT. Smile

Is this possible to implement in XOT?
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-12 01:59 by Snaah.)
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2015-02-12 01:56)Snaah Wrote:  
(2015-02-11 22:50)Basje Wrote:  Sounds interesting. What extension is it?

The extension is called Modify Headers, but there are several extensions that does the same. To get it working for your country/site you need an IP and the site you want to use it for. The IP I found on a brief instruction page, and it works flawlessly for SVT. I don't really know how it works, but I looked up the IP and it goes to SVT. Smile

Is this possible to implement in XOT?

This should be possible. Please create a feature request for it on the XOT Bitbucket issue tracker (https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-online-tv)

find quote
rvdgeer Offline
(2015-02-10 21:10)Basje Wrote:  
(2015-02-10 11:31)rvdgeer Wrote:  I must be doing something wrong, because I really can't find the 3FM webcam stream.

It should be there but isn't, due to a work around I had to do for another issue. If you create a bug for this at the XOT Bitbucket repository for this, I can see if I can fix it. It usually is present under the NPO channel -> Live TV folder.

OK, fair enough Wink
I've just created an issue on bitbucket.
find quote
Snaah Offline
Ok, will create a feature request right away.

For those of you wondering how to do it, this is for Chrome:

Download ModHeader extension.
Under "Request Headers", in first box put "X-Forwarded-For", in second "194.15.212.133", SVT's IP, or any other Swedish IP.
Fire up http://www.svtplay.se/kanaler/ and watch! Watching District 9 on SVT2 right now, and I'm in Spain. Smile

I haven't tried it yet, but this probably works for other countries/sites as well.
(This post was last modified: 2015-02-13 23:58 by Snaah.)
find quote