Release - Retrospect v4.1.1 (formerly XBMC Online TV) add-on

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
(2016-08-23 19:29)Orclas Wrote:  I am considering a feature request, but before I go ahead on Bitbucket I thought I'd post here to see if others think it would be of use.

Most of my Kodi usage is for watching various Swedish channels and the combination of Retrospect (for access) and Super Favourites (for organizing stuff I want to watch) is awesome. The thing is however that I also share my living between two locations - about 80% in one and remaining in other - and while Super Favourites export/import function makes it very easy to keep the watchlist up to date between installs, it's a bit of a mess keeping track of what episodes I've watched and not.

So, what I'd personally love to have is the same context menu item "mark as watched" as Kodi has for files. On the other hand, context menus should be kept short, hence I want to see if there are any +1's here before I go ahead and bother Basje.

Currently the watched state has some generic issues. For instance, if any of the meta data (images/description/etc) changes, this will make it appear as if the item is new. I am looking into improving this. And with the next Retrospect version this should be better for shared libraries, but not perfect.

I would indeed use the 'w' or any other mapping to toggle the watch state.

find quote
Orclas Offline
Fan
(2016-08-23 21:42)Basje Wrote:  Currently the watched state has some generic issues. For instance, if any of the meta data (images/description/etc) changes, this will make it appear as if the item is new.

Well, one could argue that a context item would be of even more use, given the above and the wish to mark /already watched episodes on an install/ as watched simply because of metadata changes Wink

Anyhow, I'll be happy with the "w" solution, at least once I figure how to program my Logitech to send a "w" (dont use keyboard for any of the HTPC).

Thanks for the tip.

HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
find quote
asplundj Offline
You can use the keymap editor addon (Add-on:Keymap_Editor (wiki)) to map any key on your remote to ToggleWatched

or if you want to do it manually, the entry in keyboard.xml is <w>ToggleWatched</w>
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 15:00 by asplundj.)
find quote
Orclas Offline
Fan
Thanks, I'll look into it.

HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
I think it uses to be part of the standard Kodi context menu, but they removed it. In the library it is under the 'manage' submenu if I remember correctly.

find quote