Updating XMBC
Hi Guys,

i got an xbox 1 modded with the SmartXX. Last time i touched the box was about 2 years ago. Unfortunately all my knowledge is gone. I just switched "her" on the first time and it still boots directly into xbmp/c?

I don't even know what XBox version i have nor do i know anything else how all the startup procedure works and stuff - i simply forgot it - maybe i'm just too old Smile

My primary use for the box is as a media center so i'd like to update to newest xbmc. Do you have any ideas or links for me with tutorials or something.

Any help for a "newbie" would be highly appreciated Wink

Thanks,
Proads
Put a dashboard on there using xbmc and it's ftp. Load the dashboard and use IT'S ftp to upload a newer version of xbmc. When you reboot, it should run the newer version.

You may have ftp access with your chip but I have never used one so I don't know. I know you can with an X3 xecuter.

Good luck.

J_K_M_A_N
JKMAN, thanks. I indeed have ftp access and already used it to look around.

There are 2 or 3 different xbmc-directories - looks like i moved the old ones to update and didn't delete them. How can i figure out which one get's booted on startup?
That I couldn't tell you. Like I said, I don't really know anything about that chip so...It depends on what the chip is telling it to do. Maybe someone with an xbox with one of those chips can help you out.

Good luck.

J_K_M_A_N
You could try changing the splash screen for each of the XBMC copies so that you can see which one is loading.
The splash screens are in the media folder what ever .png image is labeled splash.png will be the one that loads during boot up.
Ive made a few of my own but there where 4 or 5 images in there already.

hope this helps

Z
This might be a good starting point:

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...stall_XBMC

Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating XMBC0