Updating Sources under 2.7.1 is taking a while
Updating Sources under 2.7.1 is taking a good while longer than before. I am running Windows 10. Is anyone else having this problem?
what kind of setup do you use?

video files on internal/external disk or NAS? (usb2/3 - 100mbit/1gbit?)
what cpu and memory does the pc running tmm have?
how many movies/episodes?

from my tests tmm is not slower now - but I have a rather powerful setup Wink

EDIT: do you have many subtitle files? Do you have many text files (except NFO) in your movie folders? Which updating does take longer now - TV shows or movies?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2016-01-08, 05:25)Datum Wrote: Updating Sources under 2.7.1 is taking a good while longer than before. I am running Windows 10. Is anyone else having this problem?

I have the problem too:

Updating Sources for new TV Shows (TMM set to maximum Memory in settings)
TV Shows: 156
Episodes: 10175
My files are on my Home Server (1gbit)
My PC have an A10-7700k(overclocked) and 16GB memory
From all this Episodes have 355 subtitles

Version 2.6.9
Begin: 12:04:54
End: 12:44:24
Done updating datasource Smile - took 00:39:31

Version 2.7.1
Begin: 12:51:07
End: 18:37:28
Done updating datasource Smile - took 05:46:21
Thanks, we are looking into this.
Found already some points to improve...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
I apologize for the time lapse since OP.

(2016-01-08, 08:53)mlaggner Wrote: what kind of setup do you use?

video files on internal/external disk or NAS? (usb2/3 - 100mbit/1gbit?)
what cpu and memory does the pc running tmm have?
how many movies/episodes?

from my tests tmm is not slower now - but I have a rather powerful setup Wink

EDIT: do you have many subtitle files? Do you have many text files (except NFO) in your movie folders? Which updating does take longer now - TV shows or movies?

I am using Windows 10 on an i5 with 8GB ram.

Video files are on a 2TB hard drive connected to Linksys E3200 via Ethernet (no wireless). This setup is not optimum for running updates on tmm but does well with multiple Kodi setups hitting a single hard drive accessible via the router that is always "on".

I have 360 movies and 120 TV Shows with about 2250 episodes. Movies appear to be faster while updating than before Big Grin. TV Shows appear to be the culprits Confused.

About 58 Movies have subtitles and TV Shows have zero. Also, I do not have any additional files other than what is scraped by tmm.

By the way, I have been "cataloging" videos for a long time and have used various software/code bases over the years. tmm is by far the best agent to organize my video library especially for someone who is OCD about file names, directories, and artwork. Kudos to the team!
we've put several performance improvements into 2.7.2 - I hope you will be satisfied Big Grin
thanks for the kudos
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2016-01-14, 13:56)mlaggner Wrote: we've put several performance improvements into 2.7.2 - I hope you will be satisfied Big Grin
thanks for the kudos

Thanks for the attention to the issue. You guys/gals are doing an amazing job and have still kept the software free. I would not expect prompt attention from folks "doing this on the side". But, as always, thanks for what you do! I guess I need to go and donate and I would encourage others to do so as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Sources under 2.7.1 is taking a while0