Skip Forward in Kodi not working
Just installed Kodi 15.2 with NextPVR 3.6.6 as backend. When I used NextPVR to watch a recording, I was able to use the skip forward (1 minute) and skip backward buttons. When I used Kodi to watch the same recording, the skip forward button did nothing and the skip backward button rewind the recording to the beginning.

Any idea? Please help.

FYI - When I first installed NextPVR using LAV codec to pay MPEG2 recording, the skip forward and backward buttons would not work. After I switched the codec to use PowerDVD-12, the skip forward and backward buttons work properly. Is this the same issue with Kodi? Does Kodi use its own codec to play the recording rather than using the codec in NextPVR? If this is the case, is there anyway to change the codec in Kodi?

This is a deal breaker for me since my family use the skip forward button to skip commercials all the time. This is the first time that I used Kodi and NextPVR. We used WMC for 10+ years.

Thanks.
I had a problem skipping forward/backwards consistently. I solved the problem by going to video settings->playback and increasing the value of skip delay. The default value was 750 ms and I doubled it to 1500 ms.

I also tweaked my advancedsettimgs.xml to handle buffering issues and make my system start playing back faster after doing a skip.
(2016-01-08, 06:32)jmooremcc Wrote: I also tweaked my advancedsettimgs.xml to handle buffering issues and make my system start playing back faster after doing a skip.

Can you tell me what changes you made to advancedsettings.xml?
Thanks!
<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>1</minvideocachelevel> <!-- Cache up to this level in the video buffer buffer before resuming playback if the buffers run dry. -->
</pvr>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>52428800</cachemembuffersize> <!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams ahead in memory
Kodi will not buffer ahead more than this. WARNING: for the bytes set here, Kodi will consume 3x the amount of RAM
When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM, as of v12 Frodo -->
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Choose what to buffer:
0) Buffer all internet filesystems (like "2" but additionally also ftp, webdav, etc.) (default)
1) Buffer all filesystems (including local)
2) Only buffer true internet filesystems (streams) (http, etc.)
3) No buffer -->
<readbufferfactor>18.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file.
This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 1.0. -->
</network>
@owtalk
If you are using an IR remote try the left and right arrow keys by the ok button on the remote instead of the |< and >| skip buttons. It was one thing that took me awhile to get used to after migrating from WMC last year.
I also had to follow some advanced MCE remote guides to get a button assigned as right click. I believe I went with the old guide button but I can't find the guide I used now.

Thanks to @jmooremcc those advancedsettings.xml fixed my stuttering audio and video issue on live tv so far. It was odd because I am watching it on the same pc it is recorded on but since it goes though the network to get to NPVR there is just enough of a buffer lag that it stutters I guess.

EDIT: found the remote setup registry key guide again. http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_manu.html . I just used the Config_Windows 8.v1.41 from the right side since I didn't need the extra features the automatic installer installed like the green button, etc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skip Forward in Kodi not working0