Movie Set organization
first off i want to say that i love this app. i have been using YAMM for many yearsConfused and just made the change to EMM and so far it is GREATBig Grin. One thing though has got m;e baffled, i cant seam to get EMM to put the content that it downloads for movie sets into their own folder. it always dumps them into one shared folder. then i manually go in create a folder with the name of the collection and drag the items into it. is there any way to get it to do this for me.
any help would be great.
You now using Kodi as Mediaplayer or still NMT/YAMJ or something else?
Atm Ember only support a shared folder for MovieSet content, but we can implement some more options if that are needed.
dang you got on that reply supper fast Dan,

i do use Kodi on all of my HTPCs and i know that Movie Set Artwork Automator will work with they way that ember does it.However it also supports having a separate folder for each sets images. i suppose its just preference more than anything else. I understand that its not a necessary feature to include but it would make my life just a bit easier. and i would greatly appreciate it.
MSAA do also support set images in parent folder. It's easy to search or check if a set images is existing in parent folder, but for us is very difficult to find a way to check if the movie folder is inside a movie set folder.
So atm the only "save" way is to save all movie set images in the same shared/common folder.
understood, and i sure wouldn't want to ask for any thing that is to hard to do. but i think that there is a bit of miss understanding. what i am looking to achieve is this...

G:\
movie sets\
--------------American Pie Collection\
--------------Austin Powers Collection\
--------------Blade Collection\
-------------------------- Blade Collection-fanart.jpg
-------------------------- Blade Collection-poster.jpg
-------------------------- Blade Collection.nfo
--------------Captain America Collection\
-------------------------- Captain America Collection-fanart.jpg
---------------------------Captain America Collection-poster.jpg
---------------------------Captain America Collection.nfo
--------------Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Collection\

the movies are stored in a different location, and in a way all the set images are still in a common folder but organized by set within sub folders.
if this is how you understood my intentions form the get go than please forgive me i dont mean to nagg.
ok then im going to assume that there is no way to do this as of yet then.
(2016-01-09, 11:20)sirlux88 Wrote: understood, and i sure wouldn't want to ask for any thing that is to hard to do. but i think that there is a bit of miss understanding. what i am looking to achieve is this...

G:\
movie sets\
--------------American Pie Collection\
--------------Austin Powers Collection\
--------------Blade Collection\
-------------------------- Blade Collection-fanart.jpg
-------------------------- Blade Collection-poster.jpg
-------------------------- Blade Collection.nfo
--------------Captain America Collection\
-------------------------- Captain America Collection-fanart.jpg
---------------------------Captain America Collection-poster.jpg
---------------------------Captain America Collection.nfo
--------------Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Collection\

the movies are stored in a different location, and in a way all the set images are still in a common folder but organized by set within sub folders.
if this is how you understood my intentions form the get go than please forgive me i dont mean to nagg.

(2016-01-11, 21:54)sirlux88 Wrote: ok then im going to assume that there is no way to do this as of yet then.

It's not impossible, but very hard to write a code that checks all variations of sub and parent folders to save the movie set images to the right place. A common folder is an easy and save way.
Ok, no problem, i just wanted to be certain. thank you for taking the time out to answer me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Set organization0