• 24(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Remember, Amlogic is confusing with names. S905X really isn't meant to replace the S905. It's meant to be another option for certain situations. Sometimes they increase the number of the SoC name and it also has nothing to do with raw performance, but just a different feature set. They're actually better about naming things theses days, as it used to be even more confusing in the past.
I'm looking for a nice replacement Android launcher for budget S905 box. Any good suggestions?
(2016-07-25, 19:00)hdmkv Wrote: @wesk05, if Mini M8S II represents the shape of things to come w/S905X, sounds mostly disappointing.

Xiaomi Mi Box w/S905X-H advertises "H.264 MVC, up to 1080P at 60fps", "Supports HDR10/HLG HDR processing (software upgrade required)", and "Dolby Digital Plus and Up to 7.1 pass through" (similar to how nVidia advertised Shield before its release). Should be close as it was spotted on FCC' site. Hopefully this fares better... but, not holding my breath Wink.
I think M8S II and the plethora of other S905X boxes have been rushed to the market. Their firmware is still under development. The "H" variant in the past meant hardware Dolby/DTS decoders. Jean-Luc from CNXSoft had mentioned that Amlogic designed S905X specifically for Xiaomi. It is possible that the "H" variant may be different in more ways than just audio decoders. It is all speculation now. We will find out when the Mi box is released.
(2016-07-21, 09:15)crashnburn Wrote: What are the boxes on Ebay that I found for 15/20$ - Are they the same as the 25$ one on first post?
Where was it available for 26$ ?? Cant find the source for that.
The source was Gearbest - flash sale. Since flash sale is over the price is back to cca 30$.
However there is atm new flash sale on Gearbest for another AML S905 device for 23$.
It is a NEXBOX A95X (LINK)
As requested ( by movie78 )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/he2xivhhgqjgqg...e.apk?dl=0

This is tweaked vidon jarvis ( no login / membership , no recommended addons hack , no user stats and record report , all pro features work , hd audio passthru unlocked , bdmenu unlocked )

Default player - kodi dvdplayer. , Long click , play using vdmplayer to get BD 3D , screen vsync change based on fps
(2016-07-26, 11:30)bobrooney Wrote: However there is atm new flash sale on Gearbest for another AML S905 device for 23$.

Any chance you have tested this yourself with the LE build?
very cheap may give this a go
(2016-07-27, 10:04)KoopaTroopa Wrote:
(2016-07-26, 11:30)bobrooney Wrote: However there is atm new flash sale on Gearbest for another AML S905 device for 23$.

No, I have not.
I only can assume that soon there will be some good LE builds (if not already) for this device since it very cheap (for the AML S905 device) so it will be popular among the people that go for budget devices.
I have MXQ Pro Quick Play that I bought some time ago to test something and since then it's laying around doing nothing. So I thought I'd give it a try and install Kszaq's LE build for S905. After few issues I've manage to install it on NAND (no android left here) but I'm getting artifacts like this one when I try to set Kodi GUI to 1080p (it's 720 by default) or when I try to play some 1080p video. Have anyone seen anything like this? Maybe you have some suggestions about what can I check/uncheck to remove this effect? Box is connected to AVR that is connected to 1080p capable TV.
I'd say instead of Kodi mods hating these Ebay sellers, they ought to get in the game and let the BUYERS of such boxes get the Hardware

And point them towards replacing the Software on them with Legit Kodi builds.
(2016-08-02, 17:55)crashnburn Wrote: I'd say instead of Kodi mods hating these Ebay sellers, they ought to get in the game and let the BUYERS of such boxes get the Hardware

But it's not the software that's the problem it's the firmware. It's a very different thing that the hardware manufacturers need to get right so the software works correctly
(2016-08-02, 17:55)crashnburn Wrote: I'd say instead of Kodi mods hating these Ebay sellers, they ought to get in the game and let the BUYERS of such boxes get the Hardware

Except that there are ebay and other sellers that sell the exact same hardware and don't crap it up with pre-installed versions. There's no issue here getting the hardware. With that in mind, why would anyone from the Kodi project do anything to encourage the sellers who are misbehaving?
Similar deals as GearBest on BangGood.
http://deals.banggood.com/deals/edm/topi...&utmid=919

Most People will typically go with lowest price for hardware.
Why dont we / kodi point to a list of clean box sellers on Ebay?

And even if someone finds a cheap "corrupt" box from Ebay, why not
- let people buy from them
- provide them links and How to to flash Clean OE/LE builds on them

That way we dont have to field newbie questions around piracy add ons as they are using the Bad OS
BTW - Do any of these boxes come with/ support Miracast/ Airplay - Been looking for Dongles to Mirror my laptop etc sometimes.
(2016-07-27, 10:04)KoopaTroopa Wrote:

Had one of these delivered today. Its a holiday machine (me and the wife like to watch boxsets of an evening). I had some problems to start off, was getting lines and masses of artefacts on screen but this turned out to be HDMI cable related. Its full of crap as many have mentioned before with these Chinese boxes, but I have to say for just over £18 it is pretty OK, not as good I would hazard as my Asus Chromebox running Openelec but not far off, also, surprisingly, the remote is good and has some extra functions. It boots easily into recovery so I'm going to test LibreELEC on it via SD card.

@crashburn
Its packed away but i could swear it has Miracast/airplay support will check again tomorrow
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6