How do I set Kodi up to load the subtitle of a videofile automatically?
How do I set up Kodi to load the subtitle of a videofile automatically? I'm sure there was a setting in the past to auto load the first subtitle stream automatically, but I can't find it.
While watching a video that has subtitles, use the OSD to enter the audio settings, pick enable subtitles, and also 'set as default for all media', but the subtitle must be with the movie or in the movie folder.
OK, I did that, but I for some videofiles with one internal subtitle-stream that is not German the stream isn't loaded automatically.
I set in Subtitle Settings to prefer "German", when more subtitles are available.

What am I doing wrong? I use the latest nightly from today.
I'm not sure you are doing anything wrong, don't beat up on yourself just yet. I'm a little unsure of the priorities and nomcamature of the subtitles, but I've had issues in the past with foreign languages, and resorted to MKVmerge a free software tool that sets the default language of the video, even if you have more than one (also you can eliminate languages you don't want for a slight space saving). Kodi is just playing the designated default subtitle, and if they're .srt files it should play the one you have designated properly named, but if the subtitle is internal, all bets are off, and you'll get the internal video default. At least that's how I see it MKVToolNix (wiki)

I should mention 'latest' version is not that useful, better to specify the exact versions.. but it's all in a proper debug log. In your case, I don't think the log will be that helpful.
OK. The Version: KodiSetup-20160108-0544094-Jarvis.exe 79M 09-Jan-2016 07:22
I thought the date would be enough, but in future questions I post the full info. I'm on Windows 10 Pro 1511.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I set Kodi up to load the subtitle of a videofile automatically?0