Idiot guide to kodi/ fire tv for an idiot
I'm really not very PC literate and am struggling with my new fire stick/ Kodi.
I've managed to get Kodi downloaded but am really struggling with add ons - especially those that seem to be initially downloaded on my laptop.
Help - would really appreciate some advice on best add ons (especially films/ unique ones) and how to download them...
Am reading about needing Addon installer but no idea how/ why...
Cheers
You don't need any kind of installer - indeed those are aimed towards piracy generally and as such are banned add-ons (wiki) around here and will get you no support at all.

I'd strongly advise you to avoid any add-ons in that list, and stick to add-ons from the built in official repository. Basically if you have an add-on offering you stuff for free that you'd normally have to pay for, it will almost certainly be from pirate illegal sources and will lead you into a world of troubles. Similarly about most of the crap on YouTube which will lead you down a similar path.

Have a read of our wiki pages especially for the first time user (wiki) to get you started, and if you have more questions then just ask.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
OK - thanks. Just trying to understand now what Kodi offers that can't be got from Fire TV?
Apologies for my ignorance...
It's a media player, designed mainly for playing back of locally stored media. But it is expandable with the various add-ons to support streaming and various online services.

I don't own a fire TV so I can't compared directly, but you can install Kodi on one so you get the best of both, and as Kodi is free there's no expense in trying it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Idiot guide to kodi/ fire tv for an idiot0