Req request for script to open preselected Netflix video
Hello,

I am on a quest to integrate Netflix seamlessly. I already took the plunge to say goodbye to my beloved Openelec, and go back to windows..
I have tried Netflixbmc(does not work at all anymore), Flix2kodi(works perfect, apart from 5.1, since it is launched in a browser), launcher4kodi/advanced launcher (you need a mouse in the netflix app), but they all have their problems..

So far I am almost completely happy with Flix2kodi, 1080p, but unfortunately no support for 5.1. I have been following this thread from the start, and Logi85 is very actively developing it, of which I am very thankful. From what I understand he is either not a windows expert though or simply does not have the time, so hopefully someone else can help him to help me Angel

Here is a part of the flix2kodi thread:
(2016-01-05, 00:55)logi85 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 16:24)StefanK Wrote: I look forward to trying out this add-on. A few questions first:
Could it possibly open up in the windows 10 netflix app instead of a browser? Isn't it correct that the app plays 5.1 surround, while netflix in a browser is only stereo?

Hi, yes this could be possible, someone has to find a solution (batch script or cscript) to launch the app and open the right video. If someone find a solution, I would integrate. And I think this is correct (but there could be a solution with edge). @others: correct me if I'm wrong ;-)

I found out that Edge does not support 5.1 as well. I am able to launch the netflix app using AL, but like I said: I need a mouse to control it.. Just for clarity, I am a complete windows noob, and not even sure if what I am asking is possible, but would someone be able to provide: a solution (batch script or cscript) to (launch the app and) open the right video?

That would mean I could select the movie/tv show with my remote in Kodi and watch it in 1080P and 5.1 surround in the Netflix app.

Thanks in advance!
I've been using this since version 0.0.6 beta and it is now working incredibly well http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/
(2016-01-10, 19:47)UsefulG Wrote: I've been using this since version 0.0.6 beta and it is now working incredibly well http://sticky-ux.com/apps/NetflixRemoteController/

Haven't tried it out yet, but if it works it solves all my needs! And saves someone else a lot of time programming complicated stuff Big Grin
Awesome! Will try asap! Thanks!
OK, just did a quick testing session.. Installed it, and opened the app (netflixremotecontroller), then I see a huge red dot and it's opening Netflix fullscreen, which is nice.. But I still can't select a tv show or something to watch... The idea is that you don't need a mouse at all right?
That's correct I use an MCE remote control to browse the Netflix app using this controller.

Are you using a usb remote receiver or MCE remote? I use this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Control-...op?ie=UTF8

Does it work with arrow keys on the keyboard? It is essentially on AutoHotKey script which interprets the direction keys and enter to move the mouse cursor and select the program.

You can remap the keys it uses with the hotkey.ini file in case you are using a different remote, definitely worth checking out the documentation on the website for the options. Also the author posts on avsforums.com for feature requests.
I know what the problem was. I had already a few scripts running because of the way I was handling netflix before (upstairs in the bedroom where I was testing this app). I have downloaded the same downstairs where there is only a fresh windows installation, and everything worked out of the box!! Including the 5.1 DD+.

Thanks for the tip!!

Do you use launcher4kodi to get into Kodi on startup? Or is there a better way?

I think I will install this new app (that is replacing the Netflix app basically) in Kodi with the advanced launcher, that would probably be the nicest way. Or do you have other tips?

Thanks a lot! I am very happy!
Great news, glad to help.

I use launcher4kodi to launch Kodi instead of Windows Explorer but you can set it to launch Explorer first then run Kodi. I use it to launch directly into Kodi which is fine but any Windows Metro apps require Explorer to be running or it errors out.

I created an add-on for myself called Netflix Launcher which essentially stops playback in Kodi, checks for Explorer, if it isn't open then it will open Explorer and then run the NetflixController script.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
request for script to open preselected Netflix video0