Release Revolve

This thread is about the different Revolve-releases. You can download these releases and install them in Kodi: Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File. If you install Revolve from the zip files for Kodi Isengard or later, be sure to install the Revolve script before the skin!

Revolve for Kodi Isengard, Kodi Jarvis, Kodi Krypton, and Kodi Leia is also available in the official Kodi repository, so you can install it via Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install from repository > Kodi Add-on Repository > Look and Feel > Skins.

Stable releases:

Revolve for XBMC Gotham: Revolve 1.0.0

Revolve for Kodi Helix: Revolve 2.0.0

Revolve for Kodi Isengard: Revolve 3.1.1 which requires Revolve script 1.1.1

Revolve for Kodi Jarvis: Revolve 4.2.1 which requires Revolve script 1.1.2

Revolve for Kodi Krypton: Revolve 5.0.2 which requires Revolve script 1.1.2

Revolve for Kodi Leia: Revolve 6.2.1 which requires Revolve script 1.1.2

Beta releases:

None at this moment.
Today I've made a new beta-release for Kodi Isengard. You can install this beta-version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Warnings: If you install this beta-release, you will have to update to the next stable release manually (the official Kodi repository doesn't recognize the beta-label and assumes that you're running the latest version). And this is a beta-release, so you might experience some (more) bugs.

Download from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.2~beta1 for Kodi Isengard

The most interesting change are:
- Added windows for the Global Search plugin, added a Global Search-option to the Side Menu (hidden by default).
- Redesigned the Weather information based on the Landscape-view.
- Made some interface improvements (added the number of votes to the IMDB rating, added close buttons to several menus, improved Side Menu navigation, especially between the options and the player controls, added the skin-setting to display the Circle Items in the Home Menu even when they are not focused, added the watched status to the media flags).
- Fixed some bugs.

The next beta-release will probably consist of more bugfixes and improvements.
One of the most original skins I've seen, great job man. Is there a Jarvis version?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
At this moment, I'm still adding new stuff to the Isengard version. After the next stable release (I expect this within a couple of weeks), I'll start working on the Jarvis version. I don't know the impact of all the Jarvis changes, so I can't predict when this version will be available.
Today I've made a new beta-release for Kodi Isengard. You can install this beta-version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Warning: This is a beta-release, so you might experience some (new) bugs.

Warning: This version of Revolve requires a new script. You should install the script before you install the skin.

Download the script from GitHub: Revolve script 1.0.2 for Kodi Isengard

Download from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.2~beta2 for Kodi Isengard

- Added custom background support, a copy/paste function for paths to make it easier to add custom options, and the option to rearrange custom menu options.
- Made some interface improvements.
- Fixed some bugs.

Warning: I've had some trouble with the code for moving the custom options around. Sometimes some custom options disappeared when I was moving these options too fast. I think that I've fixed this by adding some locking mechanism, because I haven't been able to reproduce this bug afterwards. But you should use this option with care if you do not want to lose your custom options (or not, and test it really good Big Grin).

The next beta-release will probably consist of bugfixes and minor improvements. I hope to make a final release for Kodi Isengard at the end of this month, and start working on a Jarvis-version.

Warning: This is a beta-release, so you might experience some (new) bugs.

Warning: This version of Revolve requires a new script, if you didn't install the beta2-version. You should install the script before you install the skin.

Download from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.2~beta3 for Kodi Isengard

The most interesting changes are:
- Made some interface improvements (artwork for Home Menu options and background animations).
- Fixed some bugs.

I hope that this is the last beta release, and that I can make a final release in a couple of days...
Today I've made a new release for Kodi Isengard. You can install this version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Warning: This version of Revolve requires a new script, if you didn't install the beta2- or beta3 version. You should install the script before you install the skin.

Download from GitHub: Revolve 3.0.3 for Kodi Isengard

- Improved the support for the ROM Collection Browser-script.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Fixed the version (I made a 3.0.2 release with the wrong version number, 3.0.3 is the version-fix).

I'll try to get this release (with a higher version) in the Kodi repository, so you can wait for an automatic update...
The final Revolve-release for Kodi Isengard is available! You can download it here, or download it from the official Kodi repository.

Download the script from GitHub: Revolve script 1.1.0 for Kodi Isengard

Download from GitHub: Revolve 3.1.0 for Kodi Isengard

Now I'm working on Revolve for Kodi Jarvis...
Here is the first beta-release for Kodi Jarvis. You can install this beta-version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Warnings: If you install this beta-release, you will have to update to the next stable release manually (the official Kodi repository doesn't recognize the beta-label and assumes that you're running the latest version). And this is a beta-release, so you might experience some (more) bugs.

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.0.0~beta1 for Kodi Jarvis

The Revolve script file didn't change since Revolve 3.1.0, so you can douwnload it from the Kodi repository, or from GitHub.

- Made a lot of changes for Kodi Jarvis.
- Made some small interface improvements (an experimental red-'on-grey' color theme, a media-flag for the user rating for videos).
- Fixed some bugs.

The next beta-release will consist of more bugfixes and improvements. And maybe there are some undocumented windows that I need to add (but I don't know yet because they are undocumented Big Grin ).
Here is the second and last beta-release for Kodi Jarvis. The final release of Kodi Jarvis is imminent, so the next release of Revolve is the final release. Unfortunately there are still some issues, so I'll keep improving this skin after the final release.

You can install this beta-version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.0.0~beta2 for Kodi Jarvis

The Revolve script file didn't change since Revolve 3.1.0, so you can download it from the Kodi repository, or from GitHub.

- Added support for multi-image backgrounds. At this moment, these multi-image backgrounds are only used in the improved MyWeather-window, but I hope to use them almost everywhere.
- Added several interface improvements (adaptive player controls in Side Menu, adaptive bottom ring in Banners-view, new overlay-system, yin-yang busy animation).
- Fixed some bugs.

Known issues (that I probably won't solve before the final release):
- Sometimes the cast-list in the movie information is not updated.
- Some audio DSP-windows are not skinned (and it is unclear whether they should be).

The next release will be the final release for Kodi Jarvis.
Well done wonderful work. And very different from all the other skins.
Here is the final release for Kodi Jarvis. You can install this version by downloading the zip-file and manually adding it to Kodi (Home Menu > Settings > Add-ons > Install From Zip File > browse to the downloaded file and select it).

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.0.0 for Kodi Jarvis

The Revolve script file didn't change since Revolve 3.1.0, so you can download it from the Kodi repository, or from GitHub.

- Made some small interface improvements (small borders in some PVR-settings dialogs).
- Fixed some bugs.

Known issues (that I didn't solve in the final release):
- Sometimes the cast-list in the movie information is not updated.
- Some audio DSP add-on windows are not skinned.
A new Revolve beta-release for Kodi Isengard is available! This new release consists of some bugfixes and some small interface improvements. The Revolve-script hasn't changed, so you only need to install this for a fresh installation.

Download the script from GitHub: Revolve script 1.1.0 for Kodi Isengard

Download from GitHub: Revolve 3.1.1~beta1 for Kodi Isengard
A new Revolve beta-release for Kodi Jarvis is available! This new release consists of several improvements and bugfixes. The Revolve-script hasn't changed, so you only need to install this for a fresh installation.

- I skinned some audio DSP add-on windows.
- I've rearranged the options in the Settings-menu, made some small interface improvements to some settings-windows, and added a few new skin-settings.
- I think that I've fixed the empty cast-list bug.
- I fixed some more bugs.

Download the script from GitHub: Revolve script 1.1.0 for Kodi Isengard/Jarvis

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.0.1~beta1 for Kodi Jarvis
A new Revolve beta-release for Kodi Jarvis is available! This new release consists of several small improvements and bugfixes. The Revolve-script hasn't changed, so you only need to install this for a fresh installation.

Warning: If you install this beta-release, you will have to update to the next stable release manually (the official Kodi repository doesn't recognize the beta-label and assumes that you're running the latest version). And this is a beta-release, so you might experience some (more) bugs.

Warning: If you installed the previous beta-release, you might want to check your skin-settings (because some skin-settings were renamed).

- I've added a skin-setting to auto-refresh some information-dialogs.
- I've made some small interface improvements to some settings-windows.
- I fixed some bugs, including (I hope) the refresh-bug of the Circle Items.

Download the script from GitHub: Revolve script 1.1.0 for Kodi Isengard/Jarvis

Download from GitHub: Revolve 4.0.1~beta2 for Kodi Jarvis

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revolve1