Newbie Questions
A friend showed me Kodi and I install Kodi Isengard 15.2 from GooglePlayStore on Samsung Galazy Android tablet. It install okay but when I try video addons not much work. So many names I dont know so I look for familiar stuff. First I try CanadaBroadcastingCorp - it try working then say can't play check log. So I try another familiar Bravo and same thing happen. Then I see ABC and try it. It work good but is ABC family, not normal ABC. All time when the first addon fail say see log but where do you see log. I look but can't find. But why the video addons don't work? Do I need do something or install something else? My friend tell me to get Fuson but I dont see why get more stuff if normal stuff in Kodi don't work. All I want to look at is Canadian news ( doesn't need be live, I watch later) and old TV show like Dexter, TrueBlood. My friend buy a box with all loaded. I dont want all that stuff just a couple thing. Do I need loaded box? Is what I put on tablet not same as his?
We do not support loaded piracy boxes. Kodi is a media player, not a magic media box that provides everything under the sun. Please take a moment to read the about page as well as the free content page.
Huh I know my English not good but can't you read? I NO HAVE LOADED BOX!!!! I only have basic Kodi install.

I read your about page before I post and it say "Our forums and Wiki are bursting with knowledge and help for the new user"

It also say kodi "allows users to play and view most videos, music, podcasts, and other digital media files from local and network storage media and the internet" So what did I say or try to do that is not right?

I ask you for help and you tell me to go... I want get help with BASIC Kodi and add-on THAT ARE INSTALL WITH Kodi. Do you understand what I say? Kodi on PlayStore come with these addon. I check you page on good addon and these addon are okay. You guy supposed to give that kind of help - forum "about page" say that. So, please, give me some help.

Is there French language forum here. Maybe if I explain in French it be betterHuh I try send you this in message but say I not allow mail so I post this here.
Here is link to page saying that my addon are officiel:

h...://addons.kodi.tv/category/video/

I take out http as most forum tell you to do.
please post a Debug Log
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you. I go to log file page and trying do instruction.
Your communication skills are good enough, and to answer you in short; the 3rd party add-ons are not the Kodi teams responsibility. In the case of the CBC add-on, CBC has changed the way they set-up their servers, and the author of the add-on is looking into it's function, and hopefully we'll see a patch soon. Most of these add-ons are hit & miss, if the programmer isn't around to update his code, some versions of Kodi can break an old add-on. If you're only using Kodi for the streaming add-ons, then you're in for a world of hurt.

I suggest you stick to add-ons within the official repository, they usually have a forum to discuss issues, are supported to some degree and are vetted by the Team as having no intentional malicious code, and besides it's easy to install add-ons within Kodi.

Take the conversation down a notch, we want to help and a proper debug log posted to a paste-bin can help.
As mentioned the CBC addons has been undergoing changes. However it's just been updated and is now working again (v2.0.7). See:
CBC Addon Thread

If in the future it stops working, check back on the above thread for the latest news.
Thanks to everyone. I sorry if annoy people but not used to reply from bry. Use many forum and find people usual help me and I like help them when I can. I will check your link to CBC addon thread. To those who ask for log I not sure how to post to paste-bin but here is section from log that show error:

19:51:59 T:1991065832 INFO: void XCURL:Big GrinllLibCurlGlobal::easy_aquire(const char*, const char*, XCURL::CURL_HANDLE**, XCURL::CURLM**) - Created session to https://tvebravo-vh.akamaihd.net
19:51:59 T:2140690224 INFO: CPythonInvoker(4, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.bravo/default.py): script successfully run
19:51:59 T:2140690224 INFO: Python script stopped
19:51:59 T:2140690224 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2140690224 terminating
19:51:59 T:1991065832 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for https://tvebravo-vh.akamaihd.net/i/prod/...1452559978
19:51:59 T:1991065832 DEBUG: CCurlFile::GetMimeType - https://tvebravo-vh.akamaihd.net/i/prod/...1452559978 -> failed
19:51:59 T:1991065832 DEBUG: Loading settings for https://tvebravo-vh.akamaihd.net/i/prod/...1452559978
19:51:59 T:1991065832 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(https://tvebravo-vh.akamaihd.net/i/prod/...1452559978)
19:51:59 T:1991065832 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: system rules
19:51:59 T:1991065832 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: system rules
19:51:59 T:1991065832 DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: hdhomerun/mms/udp

I see error(22) again today when I try another video.. If need more I have another log from today with everything from start but please explain how to paste to post bin in this forum. In other forums I have attach files but don't see how do that here.
I am very greatful for everyone help.
The mention of banned add-ons (wiki) in relation to Android is all too common unfortunately...

The link @ronie posted has details of how to upload the log to PasteBin (using the Add-on:Kodi_Log_Uploader (wiki) is simplest). A full log is needed, snippets can often not cover all that is needed to know.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you. I review banned addons page and try to avoid them. I see link on post log but think you want me to save log on my compter. Okay now I use email and it send log. I get confirm email. Here is reference:

http://xbmclogs.com/phononnjl

When I start kodi on tablet, old log gone and have to redo problem to get in new log. This time strange because I try CBC and one time fail and next time work. Maybe depend which show I want? I try Bravo again because it always fail. So you have full log.
I want say that I most interest in if I make mistake or if my internet give problem(my service is slow - 6mbg). I see the HTTp response 22 and make me wonder if my internet good. More important to know if I do something wrong. I just use Bravo by example and I try CBC but it have TV show and not the news so I not use it much. Right now I want know that I have good Kodi install and my stuff okay. If addon are broke then I find something else. I would like find old TV show and Canada news but if not possible then I try other addon and learn what they have. But need to be sure that what I do is correct and if no work is not something I do.
Sorry I missed this post earlier. I am the author of both these addons.
1) CBC has just been corrected and will updated in the official kodi.org repo within a few days.
2) The Bravo addon is meant for users in the US. You can get it working elsewhere, but it requires the use of a VPN. This is stated in the first post of the support thread in the forum for the Bravo addon. I do not help folks with VPNs as it depends on your location and there usually others in the forum who have better info on how to use VPNs.

You will probably encounter these or other issues in the future - I have several other Canadian addons, so the best way to get support is to go to addons.kodi.tv which is the download site for kodi.org addons. Search for the addon that you need support from and go to the addon's page. You will see a "Forum Discussion" page link for each addon (if the addon defines it) there. That is usually your best place for getting info. I missed this thread because it's topic is too broad.
Thanks to all who answer my request. Thanks to learningit for his data on CBC and Bravo. I will try new CBC addon but it not have news so I will not use much. I dont need Bravo - just trying because name familiar. Now I see why I get http error - addon only work in US. So I know is not my internet service. I look at other good addons again and see some I will try. I check wiki and then click help to see data in forum to know if the addon good in Canada or if need to be subscribed. This information from everone is good because I learn much about kodi from all the suggestion and link to Kodi pages. Merci!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Questions0