KODI Set up help?? overwhelmed
Hi all,

I am new to Kodi so I am just getting to grips with it. I have done some research on-line and looked at a number of tutorials and I am slowly gaining a better understanding.

However I purchased an Android Tv box and I tried to use a number of Add'ons. However a lot of them would not load or I would get a " script error" message. I checked which Kodi OS I was running and it was 14.2 so I unit stalled this and reinstalled 15.2. However the majority of the add-on's are still not loading. I get a message saying "working" but the content wont load.

I am running the box of my Wifi. The speed isn't the best but I have previously run Now TV, Netflix, BBC Iplayer and Amazon Prime from it in HD and I've not had any loading / buffering problems. I was thinking of connecting my Android Box via an Ethernet cable instead.

So if anyone has any ideas why my content wont load or any solutions I would be very grateful.

I am relatively new to kodi so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
You may wish to check that you're not talking about anything that's forbidden on this forum before digging any further - please see here and and here. Many of these little Android boxes come with addons that specifically stream material unlawfully, and this can't and won't be covered on this forum.

Most likely it's a network/source issue, though. If your LAN and ISP connections are sound, you're almost certainly hitting a bottleneck on the source.

EDIT

To be clear, iPlayer, Netflix and similar are perfectly acceptable inasmuch as you're streaming them (a) through an official application, or (b) via what would be available legally through a web browser but is merely being redirected into Kodi instead.

As a rule, if you're watching something you'd normally have to pay for, you're on the wrong side of the line.
The simplest way to confirm is to gather a debug log (wiki) when trying to watch something problematic and then post a link to the uploaded file here (please do not post the log file itself here).

But as the prof correctly said, please be aware that we do not support piracy through banned add-ons (wiki) as it is against our forum rules (wiki). If your box is contaminated with such add-ons, then you will have to seek support from wherever you got them (or the box with them) from, even if the issue is not directly related to them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi guys,

No I'm not streaming anything unlawfully. Just my Netflix subscriptions and various other free apps. As I say the box did come with loads of different Apps but I did a manual reset and wiped them as I wanted the latest version of Kodi.

Do you think using a wired connection will help? I am just after some advice really as I am wondering if the box is actually faulty?

I will try a debug log too and post here.
Please name the add-ons you are trying to use.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I'll repeat advice I've seen on these forums. Can you try the YouTube addon from the kodi repository? If this works it's not kodi or your WiFi. The issue is that not all addons work.

Incidentally, if your box is amlogic, you may wish to read the sticky about playback. Many/ most of the preloaded boxes don't set the right permissions via their firmware for Kodi 15 to run HD video well. Kodi 14 asked for these permissions but asking shouldn't be necessary. I'm just a follower of these forums but having read about it at the time, I fully agree that kodi made the right decision on this. You might have a bit of work to do as a result as there is a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Set up help?? overwhelmed0