v15 getting Live TV to work?
Can someone point me to a "How to" for setting-up IPTV that actually works? I have watched about 10 YouTube videos explaining how to setup Live TV on Kodi. Guess what? None of them worked. The best I've gotten so far is perhaps 2 or 3 channels to work. Never have I gotten any of the HBO or other movie channels to work. I've never gotten CNN or Fox to work either. I have used about 10 PVR's and none of them produced more than 2 or 3 channels that actually worked even though there were as many as 100's and even 1,000's of channels to choose from, only 2 or 3 actually work. What a bummer.
Kodi doesn't handle Live TV on its own. It relies upon PVR add-ons to connect with a backend that handles your LiveTV, and then makes those streams available through Kodi's interface; the 2 clear exceptions to this are the HDHomeRun client which implies you have a recent model HDHR receiver on the same network, and the IPTV Simple Client which presents streams, although neither have recording capabilities in their default add-on.

In order to direct you to better help, some information about your setup is required, such as which backend (if any) that you use, and who your TV provider is.
And Kodi also won't work for channels that are DRM protected - like HBO and probably the good majority of your cable provider's channels. Which is likely the reason only 'some' of your channels tune.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
getting Live TV to work?0