Blank window and failed script box after start up
Hi

Today I started up Kodi and out of the blue
I had a blank window pop up and a failed script
type box show up and disappear. After that
some of the info/labels are missing??
wow, don't give us too much details....
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Thanks, Sarcasm is always nice when you're in need of help with a new system
that your trying your best to work with and learn when your lacking in knowhow
and technical terms.

I turned on my android TV box today and loaded Kodi 15.2 and was greeted by
my normal standard skin but straight away a black window opened with no header or txt
only a 'X' button to close it. Then a black box with a red circle and white x but no txt
popped up-bottom right where normally the 'add on enabled' etc come up.

When I scroll through the video,music,pictures,settings bar the labels beneath which
read things like add ons, file system etc are blank spacesHuh
Yep serious lack of info,when looking for help ;(.Have you run some kind of wizard to setup a build in Kodi,that included addons and a customised skin/layout?
If so you are in the wrong place looking for help.Sounds like there were possibly fonts added to a skin and the skin updated and broke the font.Or maybe a script helper broke.
I might be very wrong,but so little info equals a very rough answer.
Debug Log
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Im willing to take a knock from someone with the experience of Hannes the Hun but not off someone bazzz3 who posts less than once per month, probably to just run their mouth at people who are worse off to make themselves feel big and clever! If I'm in the wrong place is accidental as like I have said and my post explains I'm very new to this system and don't know terms or what info is expected, I've given a decent account of what happened and what I can see! Before I get belittled for that too, I would upload an image but I don't know how to do that either.
Gather the debug log and that will give us details of your system and what may be going wrong. Follow the link above that @ronie posted and if you're able to gather and upload the log to somewhere like XBMClogs or PasteBin then post the link to it here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks
(2016-01-12, 17:39)keithy44 Wrote: Im willing to take a knock from someone with the experience of Hannes the Hun but not off someone bazzz3 who posts less than once per month, probably to just run their mouth at people who are worse off to make themselves feel big and clever! If I'm in the wrong place is accidental as like I have said and my post explains I'm very new to this system and don't know terms or what info is expected, I've given a decent account of what happened and what I can see! Before I get belittled for that too, I would upload an image but I don't know how to do that either.

Ok make your own judgements,I'll not argue with that.Quantity equals quality for you then.I don't see your issue with my maybe slightly helpful post.In your eyes I was born yesterday due to my lack of posts.Run my mouth....shake my head more like it.
You are completely wrong.Was suggesting something that I see as a common issue,due to people using non-Kodi associated wizards.Good luck with it anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank window and failed script box after start up0