Gamepad Button ID's not being saving in kodi.log file?
According to this:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...amepad.xml

Quote:<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 'id' is the button ID used by SDL. Joystick button ids of connected joysticks appear -->
<!-- in xbmc.log when they are pressed. Use your log to map custom buttons to actions. -->

Button Ids should be logged to the kodi.log file every time you press a button, but I don't see any button Ids in my log file?
It will only work if the OS passes the button press to Kodi. Sometimes the input doesn't reach Kodi and is intercepted somewhere else, or isn't even understood by the OS. In those cases there isn't much you can do. It depends on the input device.
(2016-01-12, 04:52)Ned Scott Wrote: It will only work if the OS passes the button press to Kodi. Sometimes the input doesn't reach Kodi and is intercepted somewhere else, or isn't even understood by the OS. In those cases there isn't much you can do. It depends on the input device.

But if the buttons on a game pad are working, then aren't the events bubbling down (or whatever) to Kodi?
They should. There could be some other technical limitation that prevents it from showing up in the log, though. What is the remote/gamepad/whatever that you are trying to map?
(2016-01-12, 05:03)Ned Scott Wrote: They should. There could be some other technical limitation that prevents it from showing up in the log, though. What is the remote/gamepad/whatever that you are trying to map?

It's this one: NVIDIA SHIELD Controller
Now that I think about it, I think Koying said that joystick presses don't show up in the log. However, I think I know what the buttons are called in Kodi. I will post soon with that info.
(2016-01-12, 23:15)Ned Scott Wrote: Now that I think about it, I think Koying said that joystick presses don't show up in the log. However, I think I know what the buttons are called in Kodi. I will post soon with that info.

That would be awesome thank you!

I was able to find Key IDs for the remote but not the gamepad.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gamepad Button ID's not being saving in kodi.log file?0