Private APIs
@DanTheMan827 or any other developer of the amazing Kodi for Apple TV: Do you use any private API (like how flux for iOS used)? Today's announcement about 9.3 beta from apple.. also mention that they are blocking access to 'private frameworks' (from Xcode 7.3 beta release notes)

To be honest, I don't know what it means. Looks like it is implemented to prevent flux like thing in the future.
I have Kodi side loaded and running on my 4th Apple TV & LOVE it. If in case it is going to be impacted by the OS update (because private API use).. I will avoid updating the OS until there is a fix.

Thanks for your help.
I'm not a Kodi dev but I don't think they use private APIs since MrMC is approved for the App Store and shares a large portion of code with Kodi

Of course I could be completely wrong but I was under the impression that the only reason Kodi itself isn't on the App Store is the add-on system
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
We don't use private APIs - at least not that I know of Wink - but i still don't think it is wise to update TVOS and expect Kodi working after that. If you try - report back - but i am only interested in released TVOS versions and don't care about Betas (same for Xcode)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-01-12, 08:09)Memphiz Wrote: We don't use private APIs - at least not that I know of Wink - but i still don't think it is wise to update TVOS and expect Kodi working after that. If you try - report back - but i am only interested in released TVOS versions and don't care about Betas (same for Xcode)

kodi works fine on 9.2 beta couldnt not update for the keyboard support, not having a iphone and typing things in manually gets old pretty quick
No Apple private frameworks are used in the tvOS port. Kodi for iOS does use a few in external keyboard handling. These have been removed in MrMC for iOS.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
?? not that know of...

edit - ahh ios - yeah...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Private APIs0