Himedia H8 and Netflix HD
Hi all,

Please, someone can tell me if this box "Himedia H8" is possible see Netflix at least 720p?

Thanks
Miguel
AIUI only Fire TV, nVidia Shield and Wetek Core offer Netflix in HD (UHD in the case of the Shield) (not sure about Nexus Player - it may too) - ignoring Windows (where you can get 1080p and DD+ audio via the app) and general x86 Linux browser solutions (which can offer 720p)

Other Android TV boxes are limited to 480p SD streams on Netflix as they don't have Netflix approval (which is required)
Thanks noggin Smile
This is worth reading as well...

Why Doesn’t your Android TV Box Play Full HD or 4K Videos in Netflix?

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/30/w...n-netflix/

Thanks wrxtasy
But it makes no sense , because if I paid a HD service I should be able to see in any box...
What's funny is that Netflix works in 1080p on old pcs that have only dvi output without hdcp. Example: Mac Mini 1,1 with Windows 10, Edge or IE11, and the Netflix app.
(2016-01-12, 14:39)CorvoX Wrote: Thanks wrxtasy
But it makes no sense , because if I paid a HD service I should be able to see in any box...
Netflix can do what they like with their content - you signed up for a service which you agreed the terms and conditions for. If you don't like those terms and conditions, don't subscribe. Similarly, it is up to box manufacturers to meet the Netflix spec, not for Netflix to give their blessing to every box.

Rights holders (the people who make movies and TV series) want Netflix to ensure their content is protected. Netflix thus approve boxes to ensure they keep material protected. (Stuff like HDCP etc.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Himedia H8 and Netflix HD0