Best hardware under 60$ ?
Hi

I see products like Beelink MX64 or Beelink X2 (under 40$).... is this hardware valid?

Please notify other hardware if you know.

Thanks
Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C1+ Devices are for sure best option in that price range with excellent support for Kodi/OpenELEC.
The Nexus Player (refurbed) with a ethernet OTG adapter comes in under $60. But I guess it all depends on what you are trying to do with it. Hard to recommend something when we have no idea what you are looking to use it for.
Beelink X2 runs an Allwinner SoC - stay away from that Allwinner SoC for a Kodi media player whatever you do, its absolute rubbish.

If you like to gamble the MX64 may be OK and thats is a big Maybe. Chances are the Firmware is garbage and you will get Zero support to fix anything. You will be over on the Freaktab website most of the Time doing a DIY and hunting down semi working Firmware to flash. Tech specs are one thing. A decent working media player is another thing entirely.

For a Kodi only media player. As DroidELEC said the Raspberry Pi 2 and ODROID C1+ running either OSMC or OpenELEC are proven devices, stable and with good Firmware support.

I setup two Amazon Fire TV sticks right after new years with Kodi for non-tech family members and even though is not a crowd favorite since Amazon removed Kodi from its store, it was simple to setup. It is on your budget.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
best hardware for playing what?

Cheap box for blurays etc I don't think you could beat a Pi2, plays full 24Hz 1080p blu-ray isos via my NAS using Samba without issues as well as 1080p H.264 containers etc. Struggles with 10-bit (Hi-10) in certain Anime though if that's something you wanted to play.
LattePanda looks interesting

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/139...everything

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/latte-panda/
(2016-01-14, 01:44)pharcycle Wrote: best hardware for playing what?

My question is for find a product with best quality/price and with a good support by community.Main use is video streaming
or mkv play (1080p 60fps) naturally all with Kodi. If H265 decoding is present is good.

I know Ruspberry but I want a closed box ready to use;
Do you know hardware like Beelink M18 (but only with Linux/Android/openelec) ? The mission is always have last version of Kodi installed.
1080p60 is quite rare - and is a higher profile than Blu-ray and broadcast TV. Where are you sourcing your content from ? You may need to be careful in your choice of box as some hardware will be limited to H264 Level 4.1 (and 1080p60 is level 4.2 I think)
Quote:1080p60 is quite rare...
Yep, most of my 1080p60 videos are camera/camcorder clips.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-01-15, 00:34)hdmkv Wrote:
Quote:1080p60 is quite rare...
Yep, most of my 1080p60 videos are camera/camcorder clips.

Yes - I suspect self-shot material (DSLR, GoPro etc.) is the most likely source for 1080p60 content - or offline deinterlacing of 1080i content (though I've never felt the need to do that)
(2016-01-14, 20:20)derekz Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 01:44)pharcycle Wrote: best hardware for playing what?

My question is for find a product with best quality/price and with a good support by community.Main use is video streaming
or mkv play (1080p 60fps) naturally all with Kodi. If H265 decoding is present is good.

I know Ruspberry but I want a closed box ready to use;
Do you know hardware like Beelink M18 (but only with Linux/Android/openelec) ? The mission is always have last version of Kodi installed.

Buy a pre-built and pre-installed Raspberry Pi 2.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Video removed - DarrenHill
Do not post links to YouTube videos containing banned add-ons (wiki). It is a violation of the forum rules (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I apologize, I did not see well; you can delete the message. thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best hardware under 60$ ?0