Paying for iptv service
(2016-01-15, 23:56)nickr Wrote: Sorry it seemed to have got a bit snippy/personal. Discuss away...

Speaking for myself, I was only entertaining the argument. The subject is a matter of opinion Smile
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
semantics.

@Chris246810 are you happy with the answer provided to you?
(2016-01-16, 00:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 23:56)nickr Wrote: Sorry it seemed to have got a bit snippy/personal. Discuss away...

Speaking for myself, I was only entertaining the argument. The subject is a matter of opinion Smile
I think my comment last night might have been influenced by having just spent an hour or so moderating idiots, and my tolerance was low. And before I am misunderstood, I don't include you guys in the 'idiot' category, I just got here in a bad mood.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I wasnt mad in any way i asked a question got some replys and thats all i am in no way gonna judge someone just because they got snippy with me. Its all good
Whats a good stb emulator that i can use for tv
Check out pseudo TV live. It's one of the best (deved and maintained by Lunatixz)
(2016-01-16, 20:50)mrdally204 Wrote: Check out pseudo TV live. It's one of the best (deved and maintained by Lunatixz)
Angel
(2016-01-16, 22:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 20:50)mrdally204 Wrote: Check out pseudo TV live. It's one of the best (deved and maintained by Lunatixz)
Angel
Hello i have installed pseudotv but when i open i get stuck on the main loading screen it say loading -- goodbye pvr
(2016-01-17, 04:30)charles3526 Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 22:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
Angel
Hello i have installed pseudotv but when i open i get stuck on the main loading screen it say loading -- goodbye pvr

PseudoTV Live... not PseudoTV
I believe thats what im using ill check and let u know what im using
That is what im using pseudotv live and its getting stuck on loading
(2016-01-17, 17:30)charles3526 Wrote: That is what im using pseudotv live and its getting stuck on loading

submit a log here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221352
(2016-01-15, 15:26)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 08:53)RockerC Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 16:05)Lunatixz Wrote: On the average point out one PVR topic that doesn't discuss NextPVR, or MCE, or mediabrowser... all of which have nothing to do with Kodi and only provide a hook for the PVR backend... USTVnow also provides a hook for a PVR backend... semantics!
But the point is that your USTVnow addo-on does not as or yet use Kodi's PVR API nor use the Kodi's Live TV and EPG frontend GUI, therefore USTVnow is not a "PVR" add-on in the context of this subforum.

If you want to change this then please consider convincing Kodi's PVR developers to extend the PVR API to add native support or write a special PVR client add-on in C with some kind of wrapper support for Python Scripts addons.

Just have a forum moderator move this thread if you insist on discussing (Python Script) addons that do not use the PVR API or otherwise just ask the original poster to start a new dicussion thread in the video addon subforum.

I believe you are so fundamentally wrong it's beyond arguing.
Ditto, the same for you. You just don't seem to get my point no matter how clear I've tried to make it, so I won't bother trying any more after this post.

(2016-01-15, 15:26)Lunatixz Wrote: PVR plugins on the majority do not provide content... So the means of content delivery thru the pvr fits the criteria of this topic.
PVR backends deliver content to PVR client addons which Kodi native Live TV and EPG interface display. How you get content to your PVR backend which have a comatible PVR client addon for Kodi and all that is "PVR" in the context for Kodi's PVR API, which this subforum section is for. No where in that dicussion does a Python Script currently come into play.

Discussion about the Python Script addons that you refer to belong in the video addons and program addon subforums, and that is why the existing threads about them are in those subforums and not here in the "PVR" subforum.
(2016-01-18, 13:27)RockerC Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 15:26)Lunatixz Wrote: PVR plugins on the majority do not provide content... So the means of content delivery thru the pvr fits the criteria of this topic.
PVR backends deliver content to PVR client addons which Kodi native Live TV and EPG interface display. How you get content to your PVR backend which have a comatible PVR client addon for Kodi and all that is "PVR" in the context for Kodi's PVR API, which this subforum section is for. No where in that dicussion does a Python Script currently come into play.

Discussion about the Python Script addons that you refer to belong in the video addons and program addon subforums, and that is why the existing threads about them are in those subforums and not here in the "PVR" subforum.

So something OTHER than Kodi provides the content to Kodi's PVR client... and you don't think this is semantics? when compared to USTVnow setup for IPTVsimple?

PHP Code:
se·man·tics
səˈman
(t)iks/
noun
the branch of linguistics 
and logic concerned with meaningThere are a number of branches and subbranches of semanticsincluding formal semanticswhich studies the logical aspects of meaningsuch as sensereferenceimplication, and logical formlexical semanticswhich studies word meanings and word relations, and conceptual semanticswhich studies the cognitive structure of meaning.
the meaning of a wordphrasesentence, or text.
plural nounsemantics
"such quibbling over semantics may seem petty stuff" 

So what type of IPTVsimple questions are allowed in this topic?
But the response to the question was about a paid IPTV service was to use USTVNow, and the OP was directed to USTVNow's video add-on. Nowhere in this discussion was an alternative IPTV service brought up.

Also, because you do not use the IPTV Simple Client with USTVNow, it was pointed out this was the wrong forum for that discussion. Furthermore, I haven't seen any mention in this thread about using USTVNow with IPTV Simple Client.

One may find this 'quibbling' over 'semantics' to be pedantic, but it is an important distinction. This forum is for those services which use Kodi's PVR interface to connect with third-party PVR backends; discussions for other types of video add-ons belong in a different forum.

(The only exception that I am aware of for PVR clients which do not connect to a third-party backend are the IPTV Simple Client, which requires only the m3u playlist, and the new HDHomeRun client, which connects to HDHomeRun devices on the same local network; neither of these PVR clients support 'video recording' per se, so calling them PVR clients is a bit generous. Also, the HDHomeRun client can only be used for live TV; it cannot interface with Silicon Dust's HDHomeRun DVR software, as that functionality is presently only available in their python-based video add-on.)

As such, RockerC was correct to indicate that the USTVNow comment should be redirected to its own thread/forum, because it is not an IPTV service that can be used with Kodi's PVR/Live TV interface.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paying for iptv service0