Artists scraped/grouped/presented differently than XBMC, want old behavior back
Yes using 16.1 stable. It would have been 14 probably.. might have used 15 nightlies at some point.

The compilation thing is turned off. It actually looks better now after i cleaned up some tags inside Various Artists folder

But as an example under artist there is "Kris Kristofferson feat. Mike Knopfler", first album shows a Kristofferson album and rightly, i guess, show one song featuring Knopfler. Then comes 15 Mike Knopfler albums +a couple of various artist including Knopfler

I will have a look at those tags as there probably are some weirdness there but still.. weird. Knopfler does not show up anywhere else as all albums is listed there. Kristofferson shows up several places.

I check it and fix some screenshot when i get a chance. Thanks
So probably a muscbrainz id enabled version of Kodi then... I'll just work from where we are now and try to understand what you see and why.

What format are you music files, mp3 I presume? And what version of tagging ID3v2.3 or 2.4?
Also any NFO files? They would be along side the music files.

Quote:But as an example under artist there is "Kris Kristofferson feat. Mike Knopfler", first album shows a Kristofferson album and rightly, i guess, show one song featuring Knopfler. Then comes 15 Mike Knopfler albums +a couple of various artist including Knopfler

It sounds like the artist entry with musicbrainz id for Knopfler has gained the artist name "Kris Kristofferson feat. Mike Knopfler", and that entry is also an album artist hence you see it when the albumartist flag is set ("Include artists that only appear on compliations" is disabled).

In Kodi 16 (and before) in the tags for each song file the number of artist mbid need to match the number of artist names, and it sees "artist1 feat. artist2" as a single name, or it can make a mess. The only way it can split names in a single tag frame is those using the item separator - space-slash-space by default. It seems that you have Knopfler tagged as artist or album artist many songs just fine, but in one you have ARTIST ="Kris Kristofferson feat. Mike Knopfler" and then probably 2 artist mbids. Kodi 16 does not know how to split the artist names, its needs an ARTISTS (note the S) tag = "Kris Kristofferson / Mike Knopfler" to tell Kodi how to split that up and match the mbids.

Picard now tags with ARTISTS tags by default, but may not have done in the version that you used. Or it may have not used the item separator in ARTISTS and you are using v2.3 (single frame)

Now v17 has changes to make it more robust with respect to this kind of problem, I would be interested in you testing what 17 does with your music collection. Would you mind testing the nightly (see sticky thread about that)?

Other than that to clear things up in 16 you need to check the tags, for example on the one song that shows up under "Kris Kristofferson feat. Mike Knopfler", and either change the ARTIST tag to use the item separator e.g. "Kris Kristofferson / Mike Knopfler" (note the spaces) or add an ARTISTS tag with same.

Having done that you may need to remove the music source and scan again from scratch to tidy up the confusion.

If you can't follow or find what I am saying, then the next phase is definitely screenshots! And how about that testing, eh?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artists scraped/grouped/presented differently than XBMC, want old behavior back0