• 10(current)
Starting development on NZB support for XBMC
Thumbs Up 
optip Wrote:Hi,
Sorry i've been away for so long... i hope to see progress on this in the next couple of weeks. I'm sure i've said that before but my circumstances have changed (i work a 9-5 now - rather than a 10-10! ) so I fully intend on getting something working in the next month or so.
Great to hear from you again Patrick!, as you can see from all the posts in this thread there are a lot of people who have missed you, (a few people even posted python scripts here which should relativly easily convert to using your code once implemented into XBMC SVN).

Hope to see an initial patch soon, ready or not Wink
...maybe it could be split into several smaller patches if that makes it eaiser to review that way(?):
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/?tit...it_a_patch
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/?tit...ment_Notes

Cool
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
first step for me is to get my dev environment back up and running and get my build as it was back running (and updated to latest svn version). The development was almost functional tbh - it could play music from an nzb (but with skipping sounds & hard coded nntp settings) from an nzb file streaming from usenet (with a single thread) but would quickly leak itself out of memory (fixable).

I did have trouble in the yDecoding side of things however - there were tiny differences in my decoded content that stumped me and obviously rendered the content fed to the player unplayable (or skippy for music). It did basically work tho - proving (to my mind at least) the concept of the software.

as soon as i have a buildable version of what ive done, i'll get it uploaded. somebody who has looked at yEnc related stuff and/or handling binary data in ram before might identify the problem with this in a few minutes. I did spend a lot of hours getting nowhere with the yEnc thing however!
Optip happy to see you back. Any updates that you can give us?
Just found this video which is pretty interesting. Couldnt find any more info on it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oax-gDYHVxU

Basically its a mythtv plugin which streams from nzbs.
Nick8888 Wrote:Just found this video which is pretty interesting. Couldnt find any more info on it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oax-gDYHVxU

Basically its a mythtv plugin which streams from nzbs.
Would be cool if that one is open source and the code was available for download.

Anyone else found any more information on it?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That would be awsome
wow this definitely looks cool. I can't wait to see something out of this, it would save a ton of time!
optip any progress. been waiting for this forever, good to see your posts again.
Man, this would be awsome to get it working on XBMC

wish you well mate
Hopefully another developer comes along because it is clear that people want this feature added.
a little kick, as this would be the greatest thing happening to xbmc Big Grin
I just found this thread, If XBMC supported something like that...
HOLY SHIT!!
Hope things are going smoothly for you optip.
little kick for kicks ? Big Grin
Doesnt look like optip has even logged in since January.... prety much nips it in the bud...

still I started fitting a new kitchen over a year ago!! and I will finish it at some point! LOL!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting development on NZB support for XBMC1