Just a few issues...
Exclamation 
I've posted all of this a few times to no avail...Here are a few issues I can't overcome:
MUSIC
1A) My music is stored as:
HardDrive/Music/MAIN
HardDrive/Music/Classical
HardDrive/Music/Personal

When I set Kodi to scan HardDrive/Music/MAIN as the source, everything in the HardDrive/Music folder is scanned and set to the widgets. What causes that?

1B) Also, why do my widgets set as (random artist) shows the main folder.jpg file instead of the artist info that was scraped? (Note: SOME show the artist picture and ALL show the fanart in my background) Everything was fine, but I cleaned up my system and now no artists. I hit each song with Picard & use the music addons to scrape as well. Am I missing something somewhere?
-----------------------------

SCRAPES
2) What is causing my crashes here?
It is always upon scanning TV SHOWS via native. All of my files have .nfo attached. I can get about 3 or 4 minutes of scans, and Kodi resets, causing me to do another scan to continue.

http://pastebin.com/AJApFkiH <-- full log
http://pastebin.com/HWUYfjW5 <-- crash log

This scan is from an external HD plugged into a Chromebox.
The same result is from a scan of the exact same files but stores on a NAS with a different system. It's something with one of my files. I believe a .nfo to be it, but I don't know how to find it. Could be an add-on? I barely have any.
------------------------------

ANY guidance here would be amazing. I've been asking for months!
What do you mean ”via native”
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi McButton.

What skin do you use?

1A) On Aeon MQ 5/6 if you have your widgets setting to 'Most Recent' then when you scan a new source they will all appear as widgets. That's correct behaviour, change your widgets setting to something else as required.

2) Not sure the exact issues but some notes for your consideration. Perhaps these are 'normal behaviour' on OpenElec but look a bit suspect to me ...
- Your FFmpeg version is unsupported - consider updating.
- You seem to have modified the Kodi (/usr/share/kodi/) advancedsettings.xml? ... you should only add/modify the one in your /storage/.kodi/userdata folder (unless this is common practice in OpenElec?).
- Why don't you have a guisettings.xml in your /storage/.kodi/userdata folder ... it keeps re-creating a default one everytime you start Kodi?
- You have a lot of "...Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)" errors. Perhaps check your DNS settings, check you Kodi 'Network Settings' under 'Settings' also. This could be why your scrapes fail as they fail to access external material. Check your Proxy if you use one and make sure you have the correct settings for it in your Kodi Settings (I think it's also under 'Network Settings'). If you don't use a Proxy make sure you disable it in your Kodi settings.

Hope this helps or at least put you on the right track Wink

Cheers and good luck.
If those logfles would have been Debug Log, then it might be a bit clearer.
Ok, I'll answer the questions to see what we can clear on my mess...
1) Native meant via local .nfo scraping option. I wasn't very specific.
2) I use Aeon Madnox skin.
3) For widgets, it's embedded with Skin Widgets. They work great everywhere...but Music got weird. It DID show all artist photos (as set). I rebuilt my whole library, and about 80% show the main folder that they live in poster.jpg. Not a huge deal. I can let it go if I have to. I know Jarvis is doing something about M
Music anyway.

Good catch on my errors. I'm mostly new at spotting a lot of errors in my logs. I can fix some..but some I'm clueless.
4) FFmpeg = OE sometimes runs a newer version of ffmpeg than Kodi devs are working with. Seems a non-issue. My vids play great on 2 dif systems.
5) Not sure about my advancedsettings.xml. Maybe I had a copy for some reason that I got rid of? I'm all /storage/.kodi/userdata. OpenElec should run the same rules as regular Kodi builds on that one. SAME with guisettings. Seems correct. Maybe I need to ensure the log I pulled wasn't pulling data while I was editing. I don't think I've ever moved the guisettings (otherwise my skin wouldn't work).
6) "...Failed: Couldn't resolve host name(6)" errors. <--This I don't know. 1 box is plugged into the router. 1 is using WiFi. No Proxy here. Network seems fine. I can scrape via laptop without interruption. I can stream without issues.

***Time to find a proper error log! I'll try to re-create the issue. I'll scrape my library again today. I read something about .nfo files looking for data online when set to scrape native, but I only had 1 .nfo that had the data in it that would cause THAT error...and it was removed. Still issues.
Hi McButton - you've been around long enough that I probably don't need to explain how the .nfo files work. You would also be well aware that only the Kodi created .nfo work with Kodi and that other/downloaded .nfo files from other sources are NOT compatible with Kodi. To create the correct .nfo files for Kodi just do a video library backup using 'individual files' option in Kodi video settings. The "couldn't resolve host name" errors usually indicate an IP look-up failure (hostname to IP), also usually associated with DNS (or WINS if you're using Windows and have a NetBIOS names configuration enabled).

Ah ... your use of the term 'native' in 'scrape native' is a little confusing Smile ... perhaps 'scrape local' or 'scrape from local info' (as used by Kodi) is more informative Wink
1, the ffmpeg error is not a problem.

2. openelec comes with a built in advancedsettings.xml in /usr/share/kodi. You cannot change that as it is on a readonly filesystem. It is supplemented (and overridden in the case of conflict) by the user edited /storage/.kodi/userdata version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Just a few issues...0