Bug Video h264 issues + unoptimized items
Hi guys. I already talked about this while Kodi v15 was being developed, nothing was done as the issue still remains on v16

BUG :
- on Amlogic SoCs, h264 (480p, 720p and 1080p) files have strange playback issues and dropped frames but it depends on the file!!! I determined that the issues is with AMCODEC acceleration. On v14 AMCODEC was alwasy ON and worked flawlessly with every single file.

On v15 and on v16 sometimes playback lags when ON, sometimes lags with it OFF! It really depends on the file, and if some file playbacks smoothly with it ON, sometimes I have to turn OFF in order to have it right. That happens with 2 different Android TV Box (from different manufacturers) with AMLOGIC S812 and S805 + Android 4.4 (one has root, the other one doesn´t). As I said, on XBMC v14 it worked flawlessly (I did not update the firmware since then; on both I tried also to install Kodi from the ground deleting all folders/files, but the issue remains. I installed a previous XBMC v14 and I have no such issues).

SUGGESTIONS / FEATURE REQUEST (Important):

1) Centralized database with CLEAN function. Kodi after a while has THOUSANDS of files and will become fat, VERY fat. Most devices where Kodi will be installed (Android TV Box, older PCs as Media Center, etc) have limited local storage, and usually a slow one like older HDDs or relative slow eMMCs.

1.1) Add-ons old "packages" clean function
1.2) Thumbnails + Actor/Film info on one file (up to FAT32 size limit, that it would had a second one, perhaps A-M + N-Z another one), with clean function that will delete everything that doesn´t exist anymore.
1.3) Add-ons/Skin standards: use of image and video size limit (some add-ons have some small video sequences when opening them) and max file number per Add-On to something normal! I have some add-ons with hundreds of unoptimized image files. Some of them I made the optimization myself. Result almost 80% size reduction. There are people who makes Add-ons with one picture-per-icon...
1.4) "Global Clean" option that would consist cleaning everything that could be cleaned as optimizing the database, old files, old add-on packages leaving just the last one.

2) On settings > Add-On > choose how many old packages´ versions should be left as backup (1, 2, 3...)

3) On settings > Backup & Restore > Backup All (exactly as Kodi is to be able to mirror later after an update from firmware, or mirror on another PC) / Backup Settings / Backup Filme&Actor Database / Backup Skins)

4) Add-On shortcuts on the main screen (as Music, Video, etc, also the possibility to add Add-Ons directly)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video h264 issues + unoptimized items1