Updating to kodi 15 questions about respertories
Hello im in the process of updating my pi2 from kodi 14.2 to 15 along with openelc. My question is what happens to all my add ons and respertories i will have to manually add them again or is there a way i can save them prior to formatting sd card to add new software on it?
You don't need to format anything, just download the update .tar file from the OE website, copy it into the updates folder on your pi (via either SMB or a USB stick and OE's file manager) and reboot. Your OE install will find the update file, unpack it and update itself automatically.

Just make sure that you download the update file and not the disk image (and of course the Pi2 one, not the Pi1 one). To update to OE 6.0.0 on a Pi2, the file you want is this one.

For more details, see here on the OE wiki.

All your add-ons and repo's will be maintained as they are, although as noted in the above wiki link it's always best to back up before doing and update (either use the backup add-on, or the back-up facilities in the built-in OpenElec add-on, available from the main menu ribbon or under program add-ons iirc).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok great thank you what about the kidi update will that update also or i have to update that aswell
It'll all happen together.

OpenElec is basically an (extremely) cut-down and optimised OS/shell equivalent designed solely to run Kodi, and the whole lot comes as a complete package.

OE 6.0.0 is the current version (with Kodi Isengard 15.2), but as the release candidates for Kodi Jarvis are due to come out very shortly, I would expect the companion version of OE (probably 6.95.0 or something similar) to follow shortly after that.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Oh ok great so the Openelec update will have the kodi update aswell
Yes, exactly.

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you for ur help i will try this tonight let u know how it goes next i want to iptv
Remember though that some of your addons may not have been updated to work with 15.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I cant find the updates folder on my pie. I have the file on usb drive where would the file be located? Is it on pi or the main home screen of kodi?
/storage/.update/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I got it everything is updated now to work on pvr thanks for the help
It's great. All the info in one place. I am a new member of this community.

-------------------------------------------------
coque galaxy s6 etui galaxy s6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating to kodi 15 questions about respertories0