Assassin HTPC selling Kodi bundled with banned addons
Please don't ban him, we're not done kicking him just yet.
(2016-02-23, 20:49)Assassinhtpc Wrote: There are many people out there who have benefited greatly from an instant HTPC setup with all the bells and whistles already done. And many more that will.

By many people you mean people that got all their content for free. Only ones that lose are the creators of said content, right? Oh, and all the new laws that will be passed and cost taxpayers more money to enforce them because of people like you. But who cares right?

A stretch I know but still.
@Assassinhtpc Please kindly point me to the source of the kodi version you are distributing.
(2016-02-23, 21:10)wsnipex Wrote: @Assassinhtpc Please kindly point me to the source of the kodi version you are distributing.

From his page

Kodi (latest stable version)

Now this has me curious
"Exclusive Assassin Streaming Main Menu Included"
"Selected Add-Ons Back-end Configured and Mapped"

OK Assassinhtpc since you didn't understand my connection of Microsoft releasing their software preset to a torrent site page what Add-ons are you pre-configuring for your customers? You don't state any place on your site exactly what you are providing. Also please give us some screenshots of your current builds "Exclusive Assassin Streaming main menu".

I get that you throw a EULA out there and think people actually bother to read them or understand what it means in order to attempt to remove yourself from responsibility. I wonder if you would give a drug user a bag of heroin and throw your hands up when they over--dose and say "Hey I just handed him a bag what he does with it is his problem."

If you believe in what the Kodi team does and they wish for people like you to stop using their app to facility piracy than support their wishes. Take Kodi out of your installer completely or remove your pre-configure add-ons that result in direct streaming of pirated content.

To anyone with the time and skill. Please run Assassins pre-configured setup in a VM with wire-shark running. I would be curious to know if any backdoors to the PC are added as a "Tech Support" system.
(2016-02-23, 23:11)cstmstyle Wrote: To anyone with the time and skill. Please run Assassins pre-configured setup in a VM with wire-shark running. I would be curious to know if any backdoors to the PC are added as a "Tech Support" system.
I doubt anyone with this skillset would buy such a box, unfortunately...
Of course not, cstmstyle just curious if the Assassin guy would compromise his "customers" security in the name of "tech support".
So we can't create a customized installer with kodi bundled and some addons?
What about all these android devices with kodi/openelec pre-installed?

I planned to create an innosetup installer for kodi-dsplayer with madvr and some customized settings.
This is what currently appears on Assinhtpc's ebay page (linked at bottom):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Fire-TV-S...Sw-vlVgbyU

Here's an archive of the page in case it is edited by Assassin (the second product image is the offending one): http://archive.is/X2Qzj
Seller offers 7 days return, you know how to f@#$ him up then leave neg. feedback. Win win.
Their award winning kodi interface. Lol
What about it: http://www.kazcorporation.com/#!english-...az-7/c1x7e
It bundles kodi too, for 4$.
(2016-02-24, 19:10)Assassinhtpc Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 18:47)cd2022 Wrote: Seller offers 7 days return, you know how to f@#$ him up then leave neg. feedback. Win win.

We haven't sold fire stick with Kodi in many months. Wasn't even aware it was listed. In case you were not aware Amazon pushed out an update that removed all the Kodi launcher apps within the fire stick.

You're really digging deep though.

Look at the archive of the ebay page I provided - it was for sale just 45 minutes ago (with more than 10 available as listed by you). You simply took it down cause you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. http://archive.is/X2Qzj

Again, negligence isn't really a good defense when trying to claim 'we don't do this' - it still means you're guilty - though it's obvious you were fully aware all the while.

Keep digging that grave deeper though Wink
(2016-02-24, 19:28)Assassinhtpc Wrote: Correct. As I said. Wasn't even aware it was still listed.

Actually glad no one bought one because that product doesn't exist. So thank you.

You see that? We're working together here!

In many months? Hmm, one sold last week.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Assassin HTPC selling Kodi bundled with banned addons0