how do i record a show in a nas?
how do i record a show in a nas and watch tv on a server?
NextPVR is a windows PVR backend, so needs to be running on a Windows machine somewhere, but it can be configured to record to a network share residing on a NAS drive.

A Kodi frontend can be running on that PC, or eslewhere on the network, or other client device, and access recordings through NextPVR using this addon.
I have a dual tuner card by Hauppauge and nextPVR running on a Windows 7 PC. I'm able to schedule recordings using Kodi and can play them at will on any of my Raspberry PI systems.
It's not very difficult to implement and use.
is there step by step how to make it record to client pc and not server pc?
That is simple. Connect your W7 PC (with tuners) to your NAS. It is normally done with mapping a drive letter with your NAS storage. Let's say N: for example. Then make a folder in the N: drive. Let's say N:/Recordings. Configure NextPVR to record all TV programs to that folder.

All Kodi clients do not need to connect to the NAS. Kodi's add-on will connect to NextPVR backend and stream the recordings over the network.
In NextPVR, when you're configuring it to record to a NAS drive, use a UNC path (\\servername\sharename). The NextPVR recording service runs as a different user account so won't see drive mappings you've made under your account.
can u guys make me a video how to do it?
search on youtube. I'm sure it will be there.
I run NextPVR and Kodi 16 on one Windows 10 machine and store recorded programs on another other HTPC machine on the same network. Therefore, I do the same thing successfully, but I had to make a few changes.
NextPVR runs by default on the Local System account, which cannot access network storage and cannot see mapped drives, therefore (if you also run Windows) you must make this same change. Update the account under which the NPVR Recording Service runs.

In Services, locate the NPVR Recording Service and stop it. Then right click and select properties.
Click the "Logon" tab. "Local System Account" should be selected. Change it to "This Account" and change it to a user account. Set the password to that users' password, confirm it, and click OK.
Restart the NPVR Recording service.

I then use the NextPVR scripting feature. NextPVR runs an optional script when a recording finishes called "PostProcessing.bat". The file is a standard Windows Batch file and is located in the ./users/public/NPVR/scripts folder. You can do a lot with the feature, but I simply use it to move the recording to my HTPC machine (the network share) with the command "move %1 \\HTPC\<share>\<folder on the share>". %1 is the first parameter passed to the script by NextPVR. You can certainly use the same feature to store to NAS or other remote storage.

Here is the entire contents of my script. It is modified version of a template script I found on the NextPVR site that also creates a log file, which is handy for troubleshooting. Just update the values of the SET commands after :BEGIN to match your environment.

:BEGIN
SETLOCAL
Set SCRIPTNAME=%0
Set BASEDIR=c:\Users\Public\NPVR
Set LOGFILE=%BASEDIR%\Logs\BatchProcessing.log
Set DestinationFolder=\\10.0.1.150\c\Users\Public\TV Queue
Set FullFilename=%1
Set FileFolder=%~dp1
Set Filename=%~nx1
Set CH_NUM=%2
Set OID=%3
Set DEV_OID=%4
Set REC_TITLE=%5
Set REC_TITLE=%REC_TITLE:"=%
Set DestinationFile="%DestinationFolder%\%Filename%"

Call :LOGMSG Recording complete - filename: %FullFilename% ChannelNUM: %CH_NUM% OID: %OID% DeviceOID: %DEV_OID% Title: %REC_TITLE%

:: EX: Place your system specific commands here...

:: Move the recording to the conversion folder where it will be transcoded and the commercials will be removed.
:: I use MCEBuddy, which monitors the destination folder, to perform the conversions.
move %FullFilename% %DestinationFile%
Call :LOGMSG File Move complete - filename: %FullFilename% to %DestinationFile%
:: Now delete all JPG files in the original folder. They are added by NextPVR, but we don't need them because our other HTPC apps will recreate them anyway.
del "%Filefolder%*.jpg"

GoTo :EXITJOB

--------------------------------------------------------------
:LOGMSG
echo %*
echo %date:~4% %time% [%SCRIPTNAME%] %* >> %LOGFILE%
Goto :EOF

--------------------------------------------------------------
:EXITJOB
Exit /b

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how do i record a show in a nas?0