No channel icons in Myth .28
It was actually a problem for me in .27 but I decided to upgrade to .28 in hopes that this issue has been resolved. No luck. Still no channel icons. Myth is on a headless server so hopefully I can fix this with the CLI. since myth is running on a headless server
Whilst this is not a Kodi problem, I will give you some a few pointers:

Have a look at https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons

Does mythweb listings show the channel icons ? if not does running mythfrontend show the icons

For Ubuntu usually the problem is that channel icons on the mythbackend turn out to be in the wrong directory, they should be in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels, I have found in the past that they are in /home/<user_that_ran_mythtv-setup>/.mythtv/channels. Note <user_that_ran_mythtv-setup> is normally your login user

Mike
Thanks for the help. I have visited the wiki page quite a bit over the last few years. I know it is a myth issue but was hoping someone here had a quick fix. The icons show up on the backend on the setup channel manager page but not on MythWeb. I copied the files from /home/<user_that_ran_mythtv-setup>/.mythtv/channels to /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels but it still didn't fix the issue
I hate bumping my own topic but but I still haven't been able to get channel Icons to work. They do not show up on <backend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=<chanid> or myth web. They show up when I -X into my headless server during mythtv-setup. I log into the server with a "UserName" but must be using "mythtv" to run mythtv. I tried hooking a monitor up to the server but sadly have no desktop. Again any help would be appreciated

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No channel icons in Myth .280