Copy System Install / Backup
Hello,

Is it possible to copy / duplicate an image of my Kodi install with skins, system settings, repos etc. From one system to another with different OS. In this case openELEC on RPi2 to Windows? Took me days to configure this setup and I want to have a duplicate on my laptop for traveling.

I am thinking I am coming close to the line of making a build... Any suggestions?
Yes.
The only way to do this is to use the backup program which comes as standard in the kodi repo,

Plug in a USB drive to put your backup onto.

In backup do not launch.go to settings and select the usb folder as your backup path location, then in file selection make sure everything is selected except the custom directory's.
CLICK OK do not just escape..I kept doing that.
Launch backup and click backup

Install same backup program on laptop,
Go to the settings
choose the USB stick path location of the folder with your backup (but not the folder that has the number (time and date etc)
CLICK OK
launch the backup program and select restore. You can then choose your restore file.

Let me know if your putting it back onto yor RPi2 from windows because you will have to do a little more to make sure it all transfers. (like background images as they never seem to go over smooth.. always need to reselect unless you rewrite the guisettings.xml and change the c:.... to special//

i couldn't seem to get that to work for some reason though. Don't know why.

Let me know how you get on.

If you dont have a usb drive available just make a shared folder on your computer and backup to this folder in the backup path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy System Install / Backup0