Bug [Music bug] How to define, which image is used as cover art for an album?
any chance that could be a cache issue and it just hasn't re-cached yet?
(2016-03-04, 19:35)helta Wrote: any chance that could be a cache issue and it just hasn't re-cached yet?

Good point Helta, I have been caught out so many times by cache. Any suggestions on how to ensure that all caching is cleared, especially thumbnails?
Perhaps this could used http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373
Caching sounds very reasonable. I would not dismiss this as just a single album issue. I am able to reproduce this with other album covers as well, which initially had the wrong cover. And now I adjusted the images to specify a single image as "Cover image". Remove all files, clean library, re-add files, update library → Kodi still has the wrong image. And since in your test DaveBlake this worked fine with the sample file I sent, caching is highly likely to be at fault.

Would be great to find a solution here. Do we want a ticket for this specific caching problem?

@DaveBlake: to reproduce just set both images from last test file to "other". In that case, Kodi did pick the wrong image. Then correctly tag the images and re-add the files. But not sure if that would work since for you the correct image might be cached.
Came across this. BTW, in ID3 v2.3 spec attached picture (APIC) frame has a field for Picture type. It's 1 byte with values 0x00 - 0x14 defined in the spec. 0x03 is defined as "Cover (front)". Same in the ID3v2.4 spec. Haven't looked into other tag formats There's no limit on the number of occurrences .

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
@DaveBlake: are you still on this?

I re-ran into this problem. Added an album with correct metadata (one image set as "Front" and other images as "other") resulting in the wrong image used as cover art in kodi music section for that album.

1. ideally kodi would be picking up the correct image (test file sent via PM to you in a second)

2. one the shit hits the fan, I see no way to manually adjust the image in kodi. does such an option exist?
No no manual adjustment available, other than loading external artwork via NFO files. Once Kodi thinks it has the embedded art it does not let you change to another piece of embedded art.

I never got to look at fixing this, just not enough hours in the day, but it is on my bug list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Music bug] How to define, which image is used as cover art for an album?0