Problems with "Adjust display refresh rate" setting
I finally managed to isolate a problem I've been seeing for quite a while. Not sure exactly when it started.

If "Adjust display refresh rate" is being used, 23.976 fps videos (most of my library) will play beautifully. All of my 60 fps videos will be very jerky. It's especially obvious during rolling credits. the credits will jump up the screen instead of a steady motion. I don't see any dropped frames though.

If "Adjust display refresh rate" is set to "Off", all my 60 FPS videos play beautifully. 23.976 fps videos are completely unwatchable. When I start playback video and audio will be out of sync by several minutes. Video will freeze for several seconds then jump ahead. Playback will eventually fail after about 60 seconds.

For now I have been manually setting the "Adjust display refresh rate" switch depending on the frame rate of the video I'm about to watch. This is just a work around though. I'd really like to know what is causing this problem and get it fixed. Not sure if it's something in my setup or a problem with Kodi. Glad to furnish any details or logs that might be useful but not sure what that is at this point.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
have you sync to display turned on by any chance?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No. "Sync to display" is disabled.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
debug log (wiki) with having adjust display refreshrate on and playing a 60fps movie...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Not sure what has changed but the 60 fps movies are playing without any problems.Huh

23.976 movies still have the jerk though. I generated a debug log for them. First play attempt is with adjust refresh rate set to Off @ about line 2200. No noticeable problems with playback. Second attempt is with adjust refresh rate set to Always @ about line 2600. Playback is rather jerky. This also happens if adjust refresh rate is set to Start/Stop, but I didn't get that in this log.

The test movie is 300 if that matters.

Debug Log

THANKS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with "Adjust display refresh rate" setting0