Change behaviour of JSON-RPC Application.SetVolume method
In my setup, I always have Kodi set to 100% volume and change the volume by changing the volume on the amplifier. This works fine using the TV remote, but every remote app I sets volume by modifying the Kodi output volume (only Constellation has the option to control the amplifier, but I don't like that app and I think it's dead).

So these apps all use the JSON-RPC by sending a command like so:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.SetVolume","id":1,"params":{"volume":64}}
But one can control the amp by sending:
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Application.SetVolume","id":1,"params":{"volume":"increment"}}
(and of course "decrement" is available).

BUT, as you can imagine, this method works really slow.
On the other hand, my amplifier (Marantz) is controllable through a telnet connection and with this I can directly set the volume. So I thought, I want to combine these two:

If SetVolume command is sent in with a number as a parameter, I want to call the amplifier instead of setting the Kodi output volume. This enables me to use any available remote app, but still control the volume the way I need to.

So, the bottom line is: how can I do this? Can I write an Add-on which overrides this behaviour? Do I have to make my own Kodi build? Can I put a redirect rule on the Kodi webserver? Any other ideas? Any direction would be appreciated.

I saw cecanyway as mentioned here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ght=volume, but this is about handling the buttons on the TV remote, which works fine in my setting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change behaviour of JSON-RPC Application.SetVolume method0