v16 Running Kodi while playing games freezes video
I have tried to find this topic and was unable to so please forgive me if the answer is posted somewhere else.

The concept is basic, I am trying to run Kodi on a Windows 8 machine while running a game. When I open a game in full screen the video freezes on Kodi. Used to only happen when running one of my games now happens when I run any game. Looking for some ideas/tips or fixes. Just updated Kodi.

Looking for direction.
I think I figured out the problem. There was a conflict in screen resolution between the two monitors. The older version of Kodi seemed not to be bothered by it. I ended up having to put my game in a windowed mode, change it to full screen on a lower resolution and apply the change. It seems to be working but I might be back with updates. If it wasn't understood I am running dual screens.
No full screen 1080p solution to this problem? This alone is keeping me from upgrading to KODI 16
Update to the problem nobody else has but me and this guy. Turns out it has to do with the "super resolution" setting in some AMD radeon video cards. As soon as I disabled it for both monitors everything worked fine again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Running Kodi while playing games freezes video0