Win kodi has stopped working
(2016-02-27, 22:49)TonyF Wrote: kodi has stopped working

a little more info + debug log (wiki)
I've found this forum by Googling my problem and I have read through the past posts hopefully looking for an answer but in all honestly it may as well all be in a foreign language!

I purchased a Firestick with The Beast fully loaded on it just before Christmas off the evil bay, I've not used it for over a month but was watching sport (main use) on my TV with it without any real issues before, I went to look at it yesterday but I couldn't get into it at all?

When I double click my home button when in Amazon it just goes to the App list in Amazon, I've tried everything I can but I can't get into The Beast (Kodi) home page.

I'm not technically savvy with these things at all, I'm just a plug & play person in my late 50's so please go lightly on me, any help will be gladly received.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Whilst looking through your forum after I posted I have just read the piracy sticky, I truly hope I haven't purchased something like that, I bought my Firestick (loaded) from what looked like a reputable company not an individual person and I wasn't aware, if it is, it wouldn't be legal or supported!

I hope I can still be helped in some way or be moved/transferred over to become an official Kodi user somehow?

Thank you.
Quote:I truly hope I haven't purchased something like that...

I am afraid you have.
Those fully loaded boxes are just sold by overnight charlatans providing pirated content that barely last enough time for them to pocket the money and run.
The build you mention is a banned add-on so no support here for those per forum rules (wiki).
I wish I could say you have my sympathy but honestly, did you really think you could get for free what everybody else is paying for?
Good luck trying to contact the seller.
I think you should be reverting your firestick to default and then install plain simple kodi. I am not a firestick expert though, so the 'how' will have to be provided by someone (or somewhere) else.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hello I tried and tried again but for some reason when I try to install an addon i.e. PLEX I get the pop up window Kodi has stopped working. I uninstall and reinstall the kodi. I deleted the addons27db file I did a disk defragment of my system and deleted the last update before Kodi was giving me this problem. Here is the link for the log can someone please help?

https://pastebin.com/4f82E7Xn
(2017-04-25, 21:27)rickyb1224 Wrote: Hello I tried and tried again but for some reason when I try to install an addon i.e. PLEX I get the pop up window Kodi has stopped working. I uninstall and reinstall the kodi. I deleted the addons27db file I did a disk defragment of my system and deleted the last update before Kodi was giving me this problem. Here is the link for the log can someone please help?

https://pastebin.com/4f82E7Xn

You have installed Banned add-ons (wiki), so you won't get any support here unless you want to remove them.
It's been a year since this thread but I'm having the exact same problem. A couple of people said they found what the problem was but either didn't say what it was specifically and or how they fixed it.

Is the a single cause issue? Can someone who was able to fix this kindly share exactly how so others can too?
Post a Debug Log (wiki).
(2017-05-05, 21:32)rishicash Wrote: It's been a year since this thread but I'm having the exact same problem. A couple of people said they found what the problem was but either didn't say what it was specifically and or how they fixed it.

Is the a single cause issue? Can someone who was able to fix this kindly share exactly how so others can too?

Open up your task manager and if GUI is running if so stop it. That was my issue had to figure that out myself
(2017-05-05, 21:32)rishicash Wrote: It's been a year since this thread but I'm having the exact same problem. A couple of people said they found what the problem was but either didn't say what it was specifically and or how they fixed it.

if you have a European Smart Box, then kodi should not be working anymore for one main reason, they were brought to court by the Sky Company and lost so they had to shut down their servers.

I would reccomend getting an American Smart Box or go to the person you bought it from and ask them to reprogramme it for you.

Hope this helped.
(2017-07-23, 18:44)jamiebreen12 Wrote:

if you have a European Smart Box, then kodi should not be working anymore for one main reason, they were brought to court by the Sky Company and lost so they had to shut down their servers.

I would reccomend getting an American Smart Box or go to the person you bought it from and ask them to reprogramme it for you.

Hope this helped.
What does this have to do with Kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi has stopped working0