Win kodi has stopped working
(2016-01-30, 17:57)gdd2010 Wrote: I'm now having the same error. Whats worse is I can't even get into debug mode to be able to get a log to post to pastebin. Grrrr. Was working so perfectly too. No crashes or anything. Did a complete delete and re-install; still crashes on startup.
But you probably didn't move away userdata?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-01-30, 17:57)gdd2010 Wrote: I'm now having the same error. Whats worse is I can't even get into debug mode to be able to get a log to post to pastebin. Grrrr. Was working so perfectly too. No crashes or anything. Did a complete delete and re-install; still crashes on startup.
Stick an advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder before you start kodi.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#...ngs.xml.29

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>
(2016-01-30, 18:04)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-01-29, 09:10)discocandy Wrote:
(2016-01-29, 08:32)nickr Wrote: Put your log on pastebin and remove it from here please. And please make it a debug log.

done. Sorry Smile
It's not a debug log.

Oh?
well it is all I get it goes into a loop after starting up. or do I need to upload the dumpfiles too??
I cannot get it in debug mode.. Sorry.
Maybe My technical English reading is not good enough??

I read it and try again. Thnx for your reply.
next try on a debug log.

I hope I did it right this time.. Thnx for your help.
I accidentally deleted my post. The problem for me was repo.lunatixz, which I removed from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons to make Kodi work again.
(2016-01-31, 01:46)SandmanCL Wrote: I accidentally deleted my post. The problem for me was repo.lunatixz, which I removed from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons to make Kodi work again.

Perfect solution for you then.
I did a fresh install. Deleted al roaming parts and (I think) all register settings.
Still after downloading and instaling it loops. So no addon package problem for me. Sad
Thnx for your help Smile
(2016-01-30, 19:29)discocandy Wrote: next try on a debug log.

I hope I did it right this time.. Thnx for your help.

Bump.
I would hope to get this solved so I can go on with my skinning work.
I am out of ideas...
I just started having this problem today and cannot figure out what it may be. Previous solutions in this thread have not worked. My log is below.

Debug Log
Not saying this is ur fix but on my mates i moved all xml files out of the userdata folder, re-run kodi, it worked, copied them back in and bobs yet uncle.

I hope its as simple for you!
Thanks Derek but that did not work for me. I wonder if it is the new AMD drivers that installed recently by the Win 10 update.

Quick Edit: I uninstalled the latest Jarvis and tried the last Isengard release and it works without any issues. I'm not sure if this means this is a Kodi Jarvis issue or not?
hmm, you could try krypton as a test as it runs great for me see if that runs. if your worried about nightlly builds do a portable install. I can explain if your not 100% what i mean
I seem to be having a similar issue. Soon as Kodi is started, it becomes unresponsive "Kodi is not responging" about 5 seconds into startup.
I think i got a debug log up here:
Debug Log

Not sure if that came out right.
I uninstalled kodi, and deleted the AppData, and reinstalled 16.0 with .exe date of 2/20.

It is running on a fairly standard laptop i7, 8 gig of ram

an older version was running a while ago

any help would be appreciated.

I am quite new to this, so go gentle,
-D
kodi has stopped working

This is what worked for me.
Kodi 15.2 worked great.
After Installing Kodi 16, received the message "kodi has stopped working" After a couple of windows messages Kodi shuts down. Here is how I fixed it, I am running windows 10, with the most recent AMD Catalyst control Center, and a crossfire system.(Two Video Cards).
Open Catalyst control center, scroll down to performance, click on AMD Crossfire.
Enable AMD crossfire can be checked on, but make sure you UNCHECK "enable amd crossfire for applications that have no associated application profile".
Unchecking the second sub box is what worked for me.

Thanks
kodi has stopped working
(2016-02-27, 22:46)TonyF Wrote: kodi has stopped working

This is what worked for me.
Kodi 15.2 worked great.
After Installing Kodi 16, received the message "kodi has stopped working" After a couple of windows messages Kodi shuts down. Here is how I fixed it, I am running windows 10, with the most recent AMD Catalyst control Center, and a crossfire system.(Two Video Cards).
Open Catalyst control center, scroll down to performance, click on AMD Crossfire.
Enable AMD crossfire can be checked on, but make sure you UNCHECK "enable amd crossfire for applications that have no associated application profile".
Unchecking the second sub box is what worked for me.

Thanks

Worked for me, thanks so much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi has stopped working0