v15 can you change the active skin with a JSON-RPC call?
I've been trying to find the JSON-RPC equivalent to

xbmc.executehttpapi( "SetGUISetting(3;lookandfeel.skin;%s)" % skin )

so that I can have an add-on switch the skin. I'm fine if a dialog has to come up and the user confirms the skin switch. I just want to be able to start the switch from a python script.
yes it's possible:

Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.SetSettingValue","id":1,"params":{"setting":"lookandfeel.skin","value":"<skin.name>"}}
awesome thank you so much!
why is it not possible to call this awesome function on home window? Because it is the highest Level of the window IDs?

If I call the function by simply being on home window, the skin changes and shows the dialogue but gives me not the possibility to navigate to 'yes' or 'no' in dialog.. The navigation fails. If I do it in my addon, the navigation works but the screen gets blank black after changing, not showing the new skin... It just works great if i am on Settings window or deeper settings window level..

Am i missing something?
(2016-08-24, 20:18)Mazze420 Wrote: Am i missing something?

works fine at my end.
the only reason i can think of why it could fail, is if you run the command from a custom window that exists in the current skin, but isn't present in the skin you're switching to.

a Debug Log might provide some clues why it fails at your end.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can you change the active skin with a JSON-RPC call?0