Req Show movie's name in home with random fanart
Hi there.
Using 15.2 with Windows 10 and Skin is Aeon NOX.

User can set the "Movies" backround to be randomised from movie library's fanarts. This is beautiful way of showing all of the movies that are added to library. When user selectes "Movies" menu on the Home screen, these fanarts fill the screen as backround.. Beautiful and convenient showcase.

? Can there be also the name of current fanArt showing on the e.g. leftside bottom? It would be nice to see what movies screen is showing..

Thank you.
(2016-01-18, 09:17)realjobe Wrote: Hi there.
Using 15.2 with Windows 10 and Skin is Aeon NOX.

User can set the "Movies" backround to be randomised from movie library's fanarts. This is beautiful way of showing all of the movies that are added to library. When user selectes "Movies" menu on the Home screen, these fanarts fill the screen as backround.. Beautiful and convenient showcase.

? Can there be also the name of current fanArt showing on the e.g. leftside bottom? It would be nice to see what movies screen is showing..

Thank you.

Agree:-)
I believe this quite easy xml tweak, just like "slideshow.xml" to have EXIF User Comment shown like a subtitle to a photo.
Great news to hear, the whole family has been craving this feature for years!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
+1, would also like to have instead of random fanart use recently added, for ex when in movies have recently added movies showing the title, the same with shows, etc.
Actually, this sould be extended also to be with Music as well.. Which band's fanArt is showing...

I found perhaps the place for tweaking : 1080i/IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml default_bg.jpg is the image on the homescreen that gets randomised if music/movies e.g. are selected and random fanArt is set to those.. "VideoGenreFanart"
Which version of Nox are you using? It kinda depends on your skin and layout. If you set it to the bottom left, but have your main display area there, or now playing, or rss feed, it may compromise the view of the title. The image info would have to show, unless you have a script to call it whatever your folder is named. It'd be difficult to clean up file names to show exactly what the pic is, but you could get close.

Doesn't seem impossible. I'd like to see it working.
+1 too.

From time to time, I'll see the random background and think - what the heck movie is that from?
If you setup a widget display across the background (skin widgets), you can see the last 9 items. That kinda helps. You can also slow down how fast they update. Soo...the odds of you catching them would be better, as you can hover over the movie, and the background image re-appears.

Small bandage solution.
so... no progress, no-one has done some digging? textfield can be set to fit the leftdown corner, just below the SectionSelection bar (I have it "down")..
I gave this a try, but ... the structure is quite large...
settings file has the value "2" for randomMoviePoster, there is easy to follow the code...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show movie's name in home with random fanart1