• 8(current)
Release cdART Manager Script "NG"
How many albums are this? I guess all flac?
I'm sitting on ~1000 albums, and after the fist scan, after the db is created, it just take a few minutes to rescan the db and adding new CDs.

The only thing I can think of is, turning off every option that update or check the MusicBrainzID
have just found a phenomenon, CDART manager invites no logos at the artists at "." In the name. Can it be that in the German variant there to problems comes. I have now in the missing.txt the whole artists look at and the logos manually after load on fanart.tv.
Cheers McVicar
(2016-12-24, 17:50)melons2 Wrote: Yes ........there was an error....I updated and it runs now.
I have a music library that is 3.65 TB in size and when I go to update it by using "ADVANCED > MODIFY ADDON DATABASE > UPDATE DATABASE"
it is a day or more painfully slow process.

Is there anything I can do to improve this?
Should I be updating it every time I run it?

Thanks

If you want to increase the scanning speed for the music library there are some things you can check:

1. Don't use Universal Album/Artist Scraper, use TheAudioDB Album/Artist Scraper, as it's a lot faster than the Universal one. However if you have your library tagged via MusicBrainz Picard you may lose a lot of the added detail MusicBrainz adds to your tags. I think MBID's are supported in the AudioDB listings, but likely not much else. I've never personally compared the two feature for feature. What I do know is the AudioDB scraper is notably faster.

2. Turn off the Option "Fetch Additional Information During Updates" for the music library. I think you loose artist / album biographies and such, but these can be enabled by turning on this setting after the initial scrape and doing a library refresh. YMMV.

3. Check the status / tags of any artist / album that continually appears to be being re-processed on each launch scan (i.e: a significant amount of time where the scraper is focusing on that artist/album during the scan), as this may indicate problems with the tags of that artist/album that may need correcting. One such example could be incorrect MusicBrainz IDs for artist/album/track.

4. Disable the option: "include artists that only appear on compilations" (Kodi versions up to 16.1) and "Show song and album artists" (Kodi 17 Upwards) as the scraper won't search for detailed info about featured artists and/or artists who only appear on compilations (or are contributor artists on an album) to the database.

5. file size / format type may also be a factor. This is supposition on my part, but I've noticed that scanning of albums/tracks seems to take longer for me on single-track albums (i.e: the album is one super-long track or a track of high bitrate) than on lower quality / smaller files.

6. Use a local database instead of a shared MySQL (or MariaDB) database. While I do use a network shared DB, and like the benefits it brings, sharing a library between multiple systems, it's SLOW when doing library scanning. because all data transactions to the database are going backwards & forwards across your weakest link - your local network. It's been my experience that quite often, with all the above enabled, a complete library scan (34,000 tracks) has taken over 12 hours for me. Also, other devices on the network communicating will reduce the amount of bandwidth available to Kodi. So with this in mind, attempt to schedule your library updates at a time when the network isn't going to be over-saturated if your using the MySQL / MariaDB option.

Also, if your MySQL server is a device like a NAS, unless it has a powerful CPU (an Intel Core Series CPU at least), your scraping speed will be limited by the speed of the CPU in the NAS and it's ability to process and add that data to the shared database, alongside managing it's resources with the other usage demands being placed upon it.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for sharing your advice and experience!
Helps a lot!
(2017-01-11, 07:37)melons2 Wrote: Thank you very much for sharing your advice and experience!
Helps a lot!

BTW, regards scanning relating to cdART Manager sppecifically; if your not using MBIDs in your tags, you can disable the "Check for MBIDs to be current during database Update" in cdART Manager, as this will avoid the second-pass scan cdART Manager does, after updating it's own database, to then also check for MBID consistency. The official MusicBrainz mirror has a max limit for number of requests to it's server to prevent DDoS style behaviour, and cdART Manager honours this limit, so that second scan can take a lot longer than cdART Manager's internal database update.

NOTE: cdART Manager does not run as a background process, so it's own database will not be kept in-sync with the Kodi music database/library automatically. So if you add tracks / albums to your library you need to choose "Update local database" in cdART Manager's settings to sync the two. "Refresh" wipes cdART Manager's database and starts again with a new one. So this should only be used in the instance where you believe cdART Manager's database has been compromised / corrupted somehow, or maybe you moved the library elsewhere, and wish to avoid any potential issues arising from the change when updating. The "Update" scan should be fairly fast (much like Kodi's own library update process), when items being scanned, already exist in the cdART Manager database. New items will obviously take slightly longer.

EDIT: As to why cdART Manager requires it's own database, seperate from the *main* Kodi music database, this is down to the fact that cdART Manager needs to be able to store unique data about the artists, albums, and artwork it has downloaded, and the original developer, I guess, wanted to play it safe by not adding tables or fields to the existing Kodi database and break compatibility or Upgrades between Kodi versions (where quite often Kodi's database structure, versions and data are migrated to a new database). Kodi in and of itself has no idea about cdART Manager's presence, or the fact that it *may* have made changes to the library database. It's simply safer this way.
Question:
Can i use CDA only to download art for album artists?
For those it works great, but i it doesn't seem to download art for artists where i only have single tracks or those only appearing on compilations.
does the cdart manager work with kodi 17 ? cant do anything. i update databse and hen i wanna do anything it just doesnt work,,,
anyone ?? i just spend 5 hours of scanning and its ready and then nothing to see to do, i cna click whatever i want but nothing happensHuhHuh
I'm on Android 7/Krypton RC3 and for me CDA works only with album artists.
Fanart, logos, discart gets downloaded fine, nothing happens when i click on "all artists" for some reason.
(2017-01-22, 11:41)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Question:
Can i use CDA only to download art for album artists?
For those it works great, but i it doesn't seem to download art for artists where i only have single tracks or those only appearing on compilations.

Check Settings / Extra Settings & ensure you have the following enabled:

"Add all artist to Database during Database build or update"

If enabled, the script will add/update all the local artist(including those found on compilations) to/in the Database

And in Kodi, check Settings / Audio / Library

"Include artists who appear only on compilations"
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
(2017-01-23, 00:52)Esky Wrote: Check Settings / Extra Settings & ensure you have the following enabled:

"Add all artist to Database during Database build or update"

If enabled, the script will add/update all the local artist(including those found on compilations) to/in the Database

And in Kodi, check Settings / Audio / Library

"Include artists who appear only on compilations"

I have both those settings enabled and cleaned/updated the database within the addon - still only shows album artists.

edit:
I had to click on Advanced / Update Database, it is updating the addon db.
It listed only album and local discs in the beginning, then went on and added all artists.
D'oh.

thx for the help
For me it doesn't download the cdart for all artists and not even if I select one by one. It says it's downloading but I go to the folder and there is no cdarts. the other artworks downloads without any problems
Is there a away to download all the artwork automatically after scraping without having to click on "download automatically" on the different types of artwork?
CDart get downloaded into the album folder where the mp3 are

Not at the moment, Stef.an is working on it, but his time is limited
Well, it would be better if all the artwork went were the music is. Is better for users that don't have to setup two times a music artwork path (cdart manager and skin) and for the skinners that only need to use skinhelper to show the artwork that is on the Artists/albums folder automatically.
Maybe some people prefer the artwork on a different folder, but all the artwork needs to be in one place, in my opinion.

Thanks for the clarification
Best Regards
Hi guys
Great add-on I downloaded it last night on Kodi krypton (Android tv) and set my paths everything seems to work great all the artwork downloaded ok but when I go into my music it's showing the old low resolution artwork and not the ones from this add-on.
Can you point me in the right direction as I'm guessing I need to change some settings in Kodi somewhere.
Thanks
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdART Manager Script "NG"2