• 4(current)
Release cdART Manager Script "NG"
Thanks for writing down this very good explanation of how things work!

I've registered a nudge and a wink!
I'm pretty busy at work currently and skinning the new version is a time consuming pain for a backend developer like me. So I think I'll better put my next spare time into this magic button for the current version.
(2016-03-13, 20:33)stef.an Wrote: Thanks for writing down this very good explanation of how things work!

I've registered a nudge and a wink!
I'm pretty busy at work currently and skinning the new version is a time consuming pain for a backend developer like me. So I think I'll better put my next spare time into this magic button for the current version.

No worries - looking forward to the 'magic button' !!

Big Grin
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
Hello everyone, I am new to this whole messaging thread thing on kodi; I'm having issues with my kodi 15.2 isengard not being able to use cdart manager 4.1.0...I am using skin aeon mq6. I have setup my folder for movies, tv shows, and music. I have configured the path to my music folder. As I go to run cdart manager, it takes me to the main screen and freezes every time. I cannot scroll down; I can see the percentage loading but it does not go anywhere. ..is any body else having this issue..Please advise how to fix...thanks. ....I'm trying to see the cd art whenever I go to a movie, tv, or music section
(2016-03-20, 04:28)Mitche230 Wrote: Hello everyone, I am new to this whole messaging thread thing on kodi; I'm having issues with my kodi 15.2 isengard not being able to use cdart manager 4.1.0...I am using skin aeon mq6. I have setup my folder for movies, tv shows, and music. I have configured the path to my music folder. As I go to run cdart manager, it takes me to the main screen and freezes every time. I cannot scroll down; I can see the percentage loading but it does not go anywhere. ..is any body else having this issue..Please advise how to fix...thanks. ....I'm trying to see the cd art whenever I go to a movie, tv, or music section

cdART Manager is only for music artwork ... I gave (what I thought) were pretty detailed instructions a few posts back Smile

For TV Shows and Movie artwork you need to use Artwork Downloader Add-on (which will only show cd art for movies - there is no cd art for TV Shows that I am aware of).
I saw your explanation for the cdart manager..do you think you can do a video, if not its cool, I will try to figure it out. As for as the artwork down loader. I have it installed al I n with my movie files. But how do or can I see the disc pop up when I look at a move or scroll onto a move. I would paste a pic clip for you to see what I'm talking about, must I'm still learning this whole forum thing.. I hope you understand and can help.. thanks
(2016-03-20, 23:20)Mitche230 Wrote: I saw your explanation for the cdart manager..do you think you can do a video, if not its cool, I will try to figure it out. As for as the artwork down loader. I have it installed al I n with my movie files. But how do or can I see the disc pop up when I look at a move or scroll onto a move. I would paste a pic clip for you to see what I'm talking about, must I'm still learning this whole forum thing.. I hope you understand and can help.. thanks

I did a quick google and found this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQuIm7nSp1k it's for an older version but everything is the same apart from the progress bar is now at the top of the screen and not in a pop-up box in the middle. As for Artwork Downloader you will need to go to the thread for that add-on 114633 (thread)
Thanks for your replies. I looked up the cdart manager that you recommended. I followed that one to the T. Already but when I go to the home screen of cdart manager. It freezes and at the top where you suppose to see the loading process and percentage, it says 100 percent but does not close out from the loading process I cannot even click any of the tabs. I cannot even click out of it because it's that frozen. In order for be to get out of it I would have to close kodi and then start kodi all over again, and even when I do that and go back to the main from page of cdart manager it does the same think, only the percentage would change to 80, or 60, or 100 but it would still be frozen.... and I cannot select any of the tabs...do you have any suggestion... thanks again...
Mitche230, I had a lot of similar problems. I think it's something in Aeon MQ -- try switching to Confluence, then running cdART, then switching back to Aeon MQ.
(2016-03-11, 19:24)Esky Wrote: For the 'path to music library' you have two options - you can either point it to your actual music library (if you only have one) or you can point it to a separate 'Music Artwork' folder.

Setup 1:
To point it to your actual music library (in this example, point it to 'Music Folder'), the library must be in the following structure:

Music Folder
------Artist1 folder
------------Album1 folder
------------Album2 folder
------Artist2 folder
------------Album1 folder
------------Album2 folder
etc ...

In this setup, available fanart, logo, banners, and artist thumb will be copied into each artists folder, while available album covers & cdart will be copied into each album folder.

Setup 2:
The second option is to point to a separate 'Music Artwork' folder and CDart manager will create a sub folder for each artist and put the available fanart, logo, banners & artists thumbs in there.
The album art & cdart will still be placed in your actual album folders irrespective of which option you choose. This is because it is where the skin is expecting to find them.

With either of these options your music folder(s) will need to be in the structure mentioned earlier and you will also need to remember to set the path to the artwork in the music section of your skin (collection/change view - get artwork artist/album - these are options for aeon mq6, not sure about other skins). For setup 1 the path will be to your music folder, for setup 2 the path will be to your 'Music Artwork' folder. This is so the skin knows where to find the extra stuff (logos, fanart etc).

After you add new albums to your library, you will then need to perform an UPDATE database in CDart manager, and then scan for you desired artwork (this has to be done individually at the moment, but hopefully a 'scan for all artwork' option may find it's way into a newer version - nudge nudge, wink wink stef.an)

hopefully this info has made things a bit clearer for you

Hey.

Something is still not working right. I tried to follow your instructions on setup 2 and I must not be understanding something correctly. This is what I'm doing.

- Completely fresh install of Jarvis 16.0.
- Create a music source and scan to the music library.
- Update music library (about five albums have no cover art).
- Install CDArt
- Let it update (found all albums besides a couple Classical compilations)
- Point it at a separate Music Art folder that is in the windows Music folder next to all the artist folders
- Tried Album Cover Arts->Automatic Download (nothing)
- Tried Advanced-> Update XBMC's Music Library (nothing)
- Tried Album cover Arts->Select Artist-> artist with missing album art (nothing).
- Re-updated music library from within the Kodi music menu (nothing).
- Tried from within music library context menu->album information->get thumb (nothing).

- Repeated most of these steps for fan art with the same result.

So far CDArt has found most or all the artists; at least they're in green when I bring up the list.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or misunderstanding something.
Quote:Point it at a separate Music Art folder that is in the windows Music folder next to all the artist folders

did cdArtM have write access?
(2016-03-28, 01:58)meowmoo Wrote:
Quote:Point it at a separate Music Art folder that is in the windows Music folder next to all the artist folders

It's in the Windows user Music folder so it should have it.
(2016-03-28, 06:56)Bedwyr Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 01:58)meowmoo Wrote:

It's in the Windows user Music folder so it should have it.

Not necessarily !!

I can't speak for Windows, but on Linux, CDartM runs as user nobody. This is different from the user that Kodi is running under. DEBUG LOG should show if you have write access or not.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Could you post your debug log to xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com? I'm sure we'll find the problem then.
here you go: http://xbmclogs.com/pkqvia3j9

I ran two actions: automatic download for album art and then the update xbmc library action. Then I uploaded. For some reason with debug on Kodi won't quit without crashing.
Thanks!

You can skip the "update xbmc library" because newer versions kodi usually take care of this for you. If you can see the album in your library, use "Update addon database".

It looks like there are already covers in most of your album directories. Keep in mind that disc related artwork is always stored in the disc's directory (which is where the skins will search for it).
CDArt Manager will not overwrite such artwork anymore because of missing size data in fanart.tv's API. Did you expect this?

Code:
18:58:49 T:728   DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - Album: Clapton
18:58:49 T:728   DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - cover artwork file already exists, skipping...
18:58:49 T:728   DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - Album: Pilgrim
18:58:49 T:728   DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - cover artwork file already exists, skipping...
18:58:49 T:728   DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - Album: The Cream of Clapton
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdART Manager Script "NG"2